~Kate T

Call me Kate.
14 yrs old.
If you need any help with ideas for characters/plot, just ask.
I let my writing speak for itself.
Comments make my day!
Happy writing!
:)

“If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

I need your help! Calling all writers! (UPDATED! Credit will be given.)

2
I need your help! You, yes, you. We’re all writers here, and I’m looking for ANY ideas (I have a list of things below) that could help me with a half-developed Scfi-ish story I’m working on. You can give me crazy complex ideas, simple ones, basically anything that YOU might want to read. If I use your idea, when I post the first few chapters, I’ll give credit.
Here’s what we have so far:

A girl wakes up in a city, no memories of her former life. She’s been living on the streets for two weeks and has worked her way into one of the dangerous areas. She’s in good shape, except for three scars on her left wrist. The girl meets someone (not sure who, it could be more than one person) and they go through something together (could be an attempted kidnapping, or finding an object) that makes them realize that they’re connected. These character/s I’m thinking will also have no memories. Crazy flashbacks, adventures, all of that good stuff. That’s all I have, not so much, but I think that it has potential.

I’m thinking that they won’t stay in this particular city the entire story, and will be chased/moved around a lot to other cities and even other continents. I’m also thinking that they all could have been a sort of DNA experiment gone wrong and that they had to escape, but somehow lost their memories in the process.
Comment! I’m looking for any and all suggestions from you!
Here’s a quick list if you don’t know what to put.

-Names
-Characters
-Plot lines (complex, or simple)
-Backstories
-Scene ideas (any type, can be super vague or in depth!)
-Plot twists
-Flashbacks

Or overall just any ideas that come to mind after reading the half-summary. Like I said, credit will be given!

• The Dreamer

So DNA experiment,huh? What if they travel around as a group looking for adventures until they each start having flashbacks and old memories ( at different times). So they set out to find the place or people or things that they see (they always find that something in their flashbacks was the same). This way they meet a whole array of different chatacters most claiming never to have known them but some recognizing their faces. At some point they realize that they are being followed. Their search eventually leads to the people who conducted the experiment. There they discover what they believe to be the whole truth and the identity of the person following them. But there is more to it than that.

I hope that helped. Goodluck with your story. I cant wait to read it. Could you please let me know when you publish it?

• weirdo

I agree with rosemarywisdom. I was thinking, maybe, there could be multiple people. They've all lost their memory and somehow ending up that city. You could dedicate a few chapters to each person and their different POV. Somehow, later on, they meet each other. That would probably be when it would change from first person to third person. They notice that they each have scars on their wrist. They later find out that they were cut because they were, like you said, test subjects for a DNA experiment. What they don't know is that the experimenters want them back.

Ok. That was really bad. I'm horrible at making plots for books

• rosemarywisdom

I think i mentioned this on another piece, but you could do it from different characters' POVs. Might make for an interesting way to tell the story.

• Grace Renae

I like the name Gavin.

I had this old idea at one point where the government discovered the component of the brain that caused some people to be geniuses and collected those who had it in order to find a way to manually "flip the switch." That could be something.

• lizbadiz

It would be interesting if another person who had forgotten their memory turned out to be related to her/friends/romantic interests before they both lost their memory

• lizbadiz

• AJ - Izzy

Ooh, that's sounds good! I think it can be great :)
    I'm not sure what kind of backstory you want, but if it is a DNA experiment, I think there should be a family of some sort involved, and the flashbacks can be a mix of happy and painful memories of them.
    Also, if it's a DNA experiment (I like that idea) then maybe what went wrong gave the girl some sort of power? Maybe it has to do with why she lost her memory, or what she can do now :)
    Just some ideas... hope this helps!

• bride124

One good sequence I recommend is that one person that was on your side is actually a traitor. I find it a good tactic in writing and also it is a nice mystery twist.