Novel writing club

Novel Writing Club

The Novel Writing Club is a great place for anyone who likes to write novels. (But even those who don't write novels may still join.)

Join by following this profile, filling out the form in the "Join the Novel Writing Club!" post. This club is hosted by Crescent, and we hope to help other novel writers out! Read the "Join the Novel Writing Club!" post. (Scroll all the way down to the bottom of "Published Works.")

Join the Novel Writing Club!

7
What We're About
This is the club for novel writers, but if you're not a novel writer, you're still welcome. You also do not need to post chapters of your novel on Write the World to join!

What Actually Happens
There will be different types of posts:
For Brainstorming 
  • Stimulate creativity/imagination
  • Develop key concepts/themes
  • Understand your characters better
  • Familiarize yourself with your story line
For Serious Novel Writing
  • Overcoming writer's block
  • Introduce moods for certain scenes
  • Offer response to/conversation for you
For Revision
  • Help on using/understanding reviews/critiques
  • Reviewing Assignments
For Fun
  • Competitions for reviews!
  • Quick writing prompts!
  • Contributor of the [Week/Month]!
  • Features!

What Will Happen in the Future with More Members
A Student Board to help moderate as well as offer reviews and feedback to this community.
We're not 100% on the standards for being on the Board, but current idea:
In addition to having either the Favoriter or Follower badge, you must have at least one of the following badges: Luminary, Master Reviewer, Patron, Popular Penner, Power Writer, Prolific, Self Editor, Super Star, or Top Critic.
There will be other criteria.

Okay, so what do I need to do to join?
Fill out this form, and follow Novel Writing Club!

Username:
Genres of Writing Interest (Please Pick Max 2)
Genres of Reviewing Interest (Please Pick Max 3)
Topics You're Uncomfortable Reading:
How long have you been writing?
How long have you been on Write the World?
How many novels have you completed? (Whole numbers, please.)
What do you expect from the club?
What do you think everyone else here expects from you?
Will you become a reviewer for others?
What kind novel are you working on right now? (Be as detailed as you're comfortable with!)

Rules
1. Be nice.
2. Be active. If you plan to be inactive and have noted above that you will become a reviewer, please comment in the "Reviewer List" post about when you will be gone and when you think you will be back. If you want to stop being a reviewer, comment in that post as well.
3. Try interacting with others. :>
4. Try spreading the word about this club! We want many members to help the most amount of people.
This isn't an official Write the World Club. Crescent (you can find her by looking the username up) began this club because she thought it'd be fun and help connect other writers together! (I also want to work harder and help more people through feedback and communication.)

• parachutes

Username: parachutes

Genres of Writing Interest (Please Pick Max 2) Screenplays and horror.

Genres of Reviewing Interest (Please Pick Max 3) horror, and sci fi.

Topics You're Uncomfortable Reading: romance, and anything with kissing. Dat stuffs just nasty and cheesy.

How long have you been writing? According to my mother, since i was 5.

How long have you been on Write the World? Uh, well I’ve had my account for 3 yers almost, but i fly under radars, and just got back from a hiatus.

How many novels have you completed? (Whole numbers, please.) 2, one about a a rabbit called The Petrelli Rabbit and his friends, and one about a cat who i secretly a serial killer.

What do you expect from the club? To learn new things, and have fun.

What do you think everyone else here expects from you? To give reviews, support, ideas, and be a mediocre human being.

Will you become a reviewer for others? Already am, and i am willing to review all of y’alls work if you want me to.

What kind novel are you working on right now? (Be as detailed as you're comfortable with!) hehehe, well, you see, it’s about a dude who escapes from an asylum, becomes a “pirate ninja” (an awesome hybrid between a pirate and a ninja) and goes on adventures with his new friend, a old dude who he broke out of a care home.

• rosemarywisdom

Username: rosemarywisdom
    Genres of Writing Interest (Please Pick Max 2) Adventure/action
    Genres of Reviewing Interest (Please Pick Max 3) all types
    Topics You're Uncomfortable Reading: None, really
    How long have you been writing? Since I COULD write!
    How long have you been on Write the World? Coming up to 2 years
    How many novels have you completed? (Whole numbers, please.) Uh... completed? One supposed to be translated to script form in prose, working on a sequel and a separate novel that I post here.
    What do you expect from the club? I think it's gonna be cool. I'd like some feedback on my most recent chapter of Unspoken, my novel here.
    What do you think everyone else here expects from you? Support and honest feedback <3
    Will you become a reviewer for others? Yeah, okay.
    Sarcastic Autymn Halloran hides her tragic past. So when she discovers that the catacombs under her school hold secrets beyond her wildest dreams, she finds herself pulled into an adventure with her unlikely friends and allies, trying to lift a centuries old curse, where the lines between fantasy and reality are dangerously blurred. You know, just your typical day.

• Kenny

Username: Kenny
    Genres of Writing Interest (Please Pick Max 2): Historical Fiction, Romance
    Genres of Reviewing Interest (Please Pick Max 3): Anything is fine
    Topics You're Uncomfortable Reading: None.
    How long have you been writing? Since I was 7, but it’s only now that I’m becoming more regular
    How long have you been on Write the World? Around 6 months
    What do you expect from the club? Help and feedback while plotting and writing my novel
    What do you think everyone else here expects from you? To give feedback and any help they may require with any aspect of writing
    Will you become a reviewer for others? I would love to!
    What kind novel are you working on right now? (Be as detailed as you're comfortable with!) Historical fiction. Set in India. Basically revolves around a woman’s struggle to get educated, at a time when literacy was seen as a social death sentence. I’m also toying around with other ideas, but this is the only concrete one I have so far.

• vrishired2006

Username: vrishired2006
    Genres of Writing Interest: Sci-fi, fantasy, fan-fic, and realistic fiction
    Genres of Reviewing Interest: Sci-fi, fantasy, and comedy
    Topics You're Uncomfortable Reading: Anything with a level of romance higher than Percy Jackson
    How long have you been writing: Since I was 4
    How long have you been on Write the World: About 1 month
    How many novels have you completed? 2
    What do you expect from the club? Fiction that can give me ideas for more writing and a way to pass my time by reviewing.
    What do you think everyone else here expects from you? The same that I expect from the club.
    Will you become a reviewer for others? Yes, depending on the genre
    What kind of novel are you working on right now? I am going to start a new novel in a few days

• A Breath Into Silence

Ahahaha this'll be fun!

Username: A Breath Into Silence
    Genres of Writing Interest: This will surprise absolutely nobody, but Science Fiction/Fantasy
    Genres of Reviewing Interest: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Realistic Fiction
    Topics You're Uncomfortable Reading: I can't pay attention to Historical Fiction, and I'm scared by Horror. But topics? None.
    How long have you been writing? Let me think back to the olden days....... ah........... nine years? That was my first actual attempt at a story.
    How long have you been on Write the World? A little over a year.
    How many novels have you completed? (Whole numbers, please.) 1!!!! I keep chasing that adrenaline rush of typing "the end" but now my novels are longer.
    What do you expect from the club? :A group of people who are also attempting to write a novel?
    What do you think everyone else here expects from you? I'll be trying to write a novel and being a supportive human bean.
    Will you become a reviewer for others? Yes. But be warned: I love highlighting comments.
    What kind novel are you working on right now? (Be as detailed as you're comfortable with!) Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh there's three actually. I'll consolidate their summaries.
    1) Alien race is part of galactic super alliance and our mc from that race accidentally discovers some shocking secrets (they're not bad secrets, just sad)
    2) Earth wants to get to space! Also, they lose a fleet of starships to a malfunctioning wormhole. And half of the population dies from a virus in Mars' ice. It's...actually uplifting, I promise.
    3) Boy-emperor takes over the world and thieves plan revenge for his evil conquest.

• paperbird

username: paperbird
    genres of writing interest: only two?? sci fi & realistic fiction probably
    genres of reviewing interest: i’m good with pretty much anything, although fantasy often bores me and i don’t like romance unless it’s really well-written
    topics you’re uncomfortable reading: pretty much nothing. you could give me the life portrait of jack the ripper and i’d read away.
    how long you’ve been writing: i learned to write when i was five or six; it became a hobby when i was seven or so
    how long i’ve been on wtw: since october 2017–one and a half years
    number of novels you’ve completed: technically one, but it was in fifth grade for nanowrimo and it’s the clingiest thing i’ve ever written. i’ve started a lot of novel beginnings and i’ve completed shorter works
    what i expect from the club: hopefully i’ll be able to read and critique other people’s novels and receive a similar level of feedback myself
    what you think everyone expects of you: idk
    will you review for others? definitely. depending on the length of the chapters i enjoy giving detailed feedback
    what kind of novel are you working on? i’m not working on one right now. i might start a novella type thing at some point, after which i’ll notify you

• loveletterstosappho

interesting!
    Username: loveletterstosappho
    Genres of Writing Interest: speculative fiction & realistic fiction
    Genres of Reviewing Interest: murder mysteries, psychological thrillers, and realistic fiction
    Topics You're Uncomfortable Reading: none that i'm UNCOMFORTABLE reading, but i tend to get bored of historical fiction and fantasy
    How long you've been writing: since i was super young, but i began writing bad fanfic when i was in fifth grade, then advanced to original stories in seventh grade, and have been going steady every since.
    How long you've been on WTW: since december of 2018
    Number of novels you've completed: zero! i've abandoned two, though.
    What you expect from the club: feedback and exercises to help overcome challenges in our progress
    What you think everyone else here expects from you: to put in some effort and be a supportive reader
    Will you become a reviewer for others? i'm not saying that i won't review, but i don't think i'd be able to write reviews consistently, although i'd like to think that i'm a decent reviewer when i find the time to review (i highlight literally every sentence and leave a comment on it)
    What kind novel are you working on right now? former best friend from elementary school who stopped talking to the main character after she came out starts talking to her again, just a few days before he disappears, only to reappear right in front of the bus she's riding one day and get hit. the vibes are kind of 'one of us is lying' meets 'paper towns' with a sprinkle of my strange tendency to include car crashes in my writing without even noticing that it's a recurring theme until i compile a portfolio of flash fiction pieces i've written and realize half of them involve car crashes in some way.

• paperbird

okay so i want to join but it might be kind of rocky because right now the write the world is deliberating about whether or not they’re going to delete my account, so i might go poof in a couple days. but for now i’m going to fill out the form.

Username: anha
    Genres of Writing Interest (Please Pick Max 2) : fantasy, sapphic
    Genres of Reviewing Interest (Please Pick Max 3) : fantasy, sapphic, historical fiction
    Topics You're Uncomfortable Reading: romanticising self-harm, intense gore (internal organs, otherwise ok), bad writing
    How long have you been writing? : since sappho (but this time, around 8 years)
    How long have you been on Write the World? : around 8 months
    How many novels have you completed? (Whole numbers, please.) : none, but many wips
    What do you expect from the club? : everything you said you would do.
    What do you think everyone else here expects from you? : reviews and advice (legitimately, why is this a question)
    Will you become a reviewer for others? : only if i deem their writing good enough, or desperately needs help that i can provide (often i'm asked to review pieces that are either so bad, they can't be improved on without completely rewriting in like 5 years time)
    What kind novel are you working on right now? (Be as detailed as you're comfortable with!) : fantasy lgbtq+

i have interest in joining the student board, as i have prolific experience on this site.

This looks cool!
    Username: RainAndSonder
    Genres of Writing Interest: Paranormal, Realistic Fiction
    Genres of Reading Interest: Anything really, but if I had to pick three it'd be paranormal, drama, and mystery I guess?
    Topics You're Uncomfortable Reading: Nothing?
    How long you've been writing: Can't remember, since I was a little kid.
    How long I've been on WtW: For almost three years.
    Completed novels: One, but it was a long time ago and really bad.
    Expectations: I just want to give and receive feedback.
    Expectations From Others: They probably expect feedback too.
    Will you become a reviewer? Sure!
    Novel You're Working on Now: It's called "the book i'll never write" and it's about this girl who knows when the world is going to end but has no way to prove it to anyone, so instead of telling people she makes a list of twelve things she needs to do before the world ends.