Slugish

Ugh... introductions. I need coffee...Sip...Ahh...Ok...Wait.Sip...
Ok I'm ready now.
I am the Editor in Chief of my high school's Creative Writing Club and I love reading, eating, and sleeping and coffee, but I do enjoy the occasional cup of tea.

I really should be dong my homework. I really should be going to bed. But I am instead heating up another coffee and finishing up my third short story of the night. (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)

Eye of the Beholder

5
Have you ever wondered why we always seem happier as children?

I think it was in the fourth grade that I lose my childhood lens that I looked through to see the world. It was in the fourth grade when I really looked at myself in the mirror. When kids would pass me by and point at my shoes and say “What are those!”. That phrase made no sense to me. And I knew it they didn’t fully understand it either. Some kid heard it from another kid who heard it from another who heard it from online somewhere.

But if it was simply the matter of hearing it online and repeating it again, it wouldn’t have hurt so much. Kids aren’t smart, but they’re not stupid either. They felt the power in those words and I felt the pain.

I would go home and would truly look into the mirror in my shared bathroom. And I was shook. I felt that I have never seen myself till that day and I didn’t like what I saw. I couldn’t get over the fact that the person in the mirror was me, and I was disturbed about my own unacceptance.

I avoided mirrors after that.

I didn’t understand why I did what I did them. I didn’t know why I changed that I usually wore. I didn’t know why I kept my ears open. I don’t know why there was a feeling of loneliness despite how I stood in with the crowd.

But now I know. And know I force myself to look in the mirror, to face myself. I now know why I am not as happy as my younger self, who didn’t have a care in the world because back then I didn’t care about the world.

But now I care.
Comment on what you think. And don't worry, I am not so self conscious as before. (●≧ω≦)9 I would love to have your opinion for self improvement.

• Slugish

Thanks

• Nonny21

Wow this was an eye opener.. So true and well executed

• Nonny21