Screenshot 2019 05 10 at 15.44.00

Kenzie

I am a young writer in 7th grade, and I have a lot of friends that I LOVE to hangout with. I also love to read, write, and do tons of art projects. I love reading tons of different quotes, and I am a fan of writing motivational/inspiring pieces.

OK, So as I said in my last post I am looking to hopefully write a book, and let me just say that writing the introduction is probably the hardest part for me. Please Please Please leave a ton of feedback, and try to be completely honest, I need all the criticism, and edits I can possibly get. Thank you, I love all of you so much, and I will try to be back at you with the draft for chapter one real soon.

The Introduction PLEEEEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK AND BE BRUTALLY HONEST WITH ME!!!!

2
    All throughout my life there have been so many different adventures, that I can’t count them on my own fingers.  I have had so many cool experiences, and I think it might be a good idea to share them with you. Hi, My name is McKenzie, and I am 12 years old.  I decided to start writing this book to be able to humor both you and myself. I have had a ton of ups, and downs, and I feel like that is what makes my life a true treasure.  
    There is one quote that will always stay with me, and I feel like I should share it . This quote is “I’m a simple person who hides a thousand feelings behind the happiest smile.” Wise words said by an anonymous source.  I have always found quotes as an amazing way for me to express both myself, and my feelings.
    Alright, well I don’t want to do as most books and boar my reader to death with a five hundred page introduction. (Let me tell you, when I read books I feel like the introduction literally lasts like a million pages.)  Anyways, let’s get this party started and hop right into my book of my life’s ups, and downs.

2

• Fiona Jane

Get rid of the comma between "adventures" and "that".

Saying "I think it might" as a personal message from the author makes you seem unconfident and amateur.

"Hi, My" is not correct capitalization.

Replace "both you and myself" with "the both of us". It sounds less strained.

Do not end your sentences so suddenly. It feels like tripping every three seconds while hiking.

Replace "boar" with "bore".

A sentence with parentheses is supposed to clarify an existing sentence; it cannot be its own.

Get rid of the comma in "ups, and downs."

• Kenzie

Thank you soooooo much @quille

Review on the way :)