L.B. Stoltz

I was born into a family where knowledge was valued more than any money, however many of my family members did not quite make it to college. I hope to publish a book so I can pay for my college and be the first person in my family to attend college

I'm a young female author that's is trying to get my footing in the incredibly wide and wonderful world of writing. I relate to the world best with my ever-growing and changing art. I have a group of primarily visual artist, so it's hard to get attention. I only hope that my writing will be able to inspire others and make them just as happy as any painting. I wish to travel for a chunk of my life and eventually settle down.

Immortality

2
Has anybody ever really thought of immortality

The ability to change everything while you yourself are constantly in a metamorphosis of change

You lose everything

You see the times change from bad to good to worse
An endless cycle of gain and loss

Knowledge of the abyss

and loss of the reason you even wanted that knowledge

I would take immortality though
I value knowledge more than anything

And the more you know the more likely it would be for you to do time travel

By my own pain, I could stop others

I care for those who I don't even know more than myself

Immortality does not make you a god
The ability to be a god starts with what you do with your immortality 
not comparing myself to god

just saying as a experimentation of human philosphy 

• L.B. Stoltz

Yeah, sad to say I have, but no matter what I saw, your opinion valid since I know for a fact that we have opinions, religious beliefs, as well as history.
    Nonetheless, thank you for the interesting debate! I'm glad that I can still talk about that type of stuff with other people!!!

• Christy Wisdom

Hmm... you've thought about this a lot, haven't you? I suppose the thing with immortality, like why I wouldn't want it, does depend a lot on what you believe comes after death. That's a good point.

• L.B. Stoltz

The only way humans would never be scared is if there was stone cold evidence of something after we die

The only reason why this wouldn't seemingly work out is either due to some form of human de-evolution or just complete annihilation of our society and then we'd have no conscious reason to need the immortality anymore

• L.B. Stoltz

It is statistically impossible that we would never find out time manipulation. We are already making great leaps and bounds in the scientific fields and such. It only makes sense to follow suit.

And You'd never age since you are immortal, you never die and aging is only the process of humans preparing for reproduction and then after their use is over, we die.

• Christy Wisdom

That's certainly an interesting way of seeing it! But what if you kept on living, and you found that people couldn't figure out time travel, and so you were all alone? Also, what age do you think you would stay at if you were immortal? Do you think you'd be forever a young adult/teen, or would you age?

• L.B. Stoltz

@Christy Wisdom

Yes, I understand your point.
    I consequence of humanity being obsessed with never dying, eventually, there will be a way to be immortal. Following that time travel. We will be able to go back a bring back those we have lost.

I see myself as someone who, while I am attached to my family. For the greater good, the ability to save billions of people can outweigh anybody's life

That sounds heartless, but so does doing nothing about something you could easily fix. I've had much loss in my life, so now I no longer being affected by these details because I know eventually, people will be able to be brought back. If I can be immortal then I can find out how to bring people back from the dead then you'd be able to keep everyone alive and bring your loved ones back from death

The chance of being happy forever outweighs the pain of years of loneliness. I love my family and friends, but If I had the ability to learn how to save others and bring them back, I'd take that

Definitely an interesting concept :) One of my favorites to toy around with in writing, actually. I would personally never want to be immortal on this earth, but eternal life in heaven after death sounds great :) This is a really interesting piece :DDD

• Christy Wisdom

hmm... immortality is such an interesting concept. Since this is an experimentation of philosophy, do you mind if we have a little debate? Personally, if it were immortality on this earth, I don't think I'd want it. You'd be alive forever, watching as your friends and family, your lover and comrades, all of those people would die, and you'd be an endless cycle of grief. What are your thoughts on that? (we don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, I just thought that immortality is such a debatable thing, to have or not to have, which would be better)