Pdf 20190105 0001 copy

Quille

Elfboy 08/17/19
Just in time for my WtW anniversary!

18
Homeschooled
Writer
Elf-lover

Y'all know me :D

I can't remember the message that used to be here, but I remember the people who became my friends. I always will :)

God Bless all & Write On!
:DDD

Why I'll Believe in God Before I'll Believe The Sky is Blue*

6
Disclaimer: this piece does not contain 'logical' arguments or statistics. It is based on my opinions and beliefs alone.

Why do I believe in God, Jesus, the Holy Ghost, and creation? (not to mention everything else in the Bible)

Because of one simple thing:

The glow and joy that fills me up when I pray and sing praises to the Lord.

Is that hard to understand; how someone could found their faith on a feeling?

Then let's delve deeper:

That feeling I described is love. If you've read my piece, the first version of A Smile Makes Me Cry, you probably remember me describing it as taking a rainbow upside-down and filling it with pure golden sunshine. A kind of smile that fills you up from the tips of your toes to the top of your head and makes your chest swell with joy.
    Love does that and when I sing or pray to God, I feel such powerful love that it overwhelms all my other feelings and senses. God's love.

Love doesn't have to be romantic; I'm talking about familial love right now. The love I feel from my Father to His child. 

That love is enough to make me believe in and trust God above anything and everything else, but there's another love too.

The love of all God's children all over the world. The love of my brothers and sisters in Christ.

And then, my last reason:

When I fall, God helps me up. 
When an atheist falls, who can help them up? When they feel like they're alone, God's still there, but for all they know, they are alone.
A Christian has comfort in knowing that a loving, all=powerful God is always there for them. Always. 

"For those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength, they will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not feel faint." 

In conclusion, God's love is something you can feel and I've felt it. I know He exists and will believe that long before I will believe anyone who tells me the sky is blue or that pigs can't fly**.

Have a wonderful day and may God bless you all in abundance!
*Especially since the sky is blue less than half the time; it can be gray with clouds, black at night, red in a sunset, etc. 
**Flying pigs are called geese.

• Jae

yeah, very fact based, and respectful, but i loooooooooved this, it really describes my thoughts of god as well, and it was nice of you to write this. yes to all the christians, but also to those who don't believe, you didn't shove it in their faces, or anything, you respectfully put your opinion in, and didn't try to convince people otherwise. great piece!

• Christy Wisdom

Thanks for explaining. I think that the reason people say that they hope you will find God is that while you don't think that it really matters whether or not you believe in God, according to some religions it's the difference between hell and heaven. Mine is such an example, and I would rather see you happy after you die than to see you in agony. Also, as for the superiority part, I really hope I never came across to you as though I felt that I was better than you. I don't think that, and I hope you'll forgive me if I ever did. After all, how can I be superior to somebody who's just as much of a human and sinner as I am? Again, thanks for explaining your point of view, I appreciate it.

• paperbird

@christy wisdom i suppose i don’t see why i should go to hell. i’m a good person; i have a good heart and i’m trying to improve the world and live a fulfilled life. so what if i don’t believe in god? that’s not what really matters, in my opinion.

• Christy Wisdom

I was wondering, how come it makes you feel that they don't accept that you want to find other answers rather than God? Like for example, since Christianity tells me that people who don't believe in God are going to hell, wouldn't it be logical for me to hope that a person would go to heaven? It's not that I don't respect that they may want to find answers other than God, it's that I hope they won't end up going to hell when they die. I hope that doesn't sound offensive or anything, but I'm curious as to why it makes you feel that way.

• paperbird

thank you!! i really appreciate that.

• Lumisade

@paperbird Exactly. I have witnessed so many conversations like that, and it just gets on my nerves so much, the superior attitude that so many Christians can have. Ugh, I just hate it. I 100% respect that you have the right to live your life the way you choose to live it, and I wish a lot of other "Christians" would too.

• paperbird

@lumisade that's a really good point. quille's not looking to be convinced, and neither am i. what irks me about conversations about religion is that the person who is of a religion always believes themselves superior. they always end by wishing that someday i will find god. while this behavior isn't exactly intolerant, it's not accepting either. i respect your religion 100%, but i also expect theists to respect my choice to find answers other than god.

• Lumisade

I want to add something real quick: in my opinion and experience, the Internet is the absolute worst place to try to have a discussion about belief systems.
    It really is. Especially for a Christian.
    Because most people on the Internet who aren't Christians but who are willing to "debate" about Christianity are not looking to be convinced. They are not looking to have an actual conversation. (Keep in mind, I said MOST people. Not all people. Some people are genuinely in a place of searching for truth and are open to being wrong about what they believe. But not many.)
    And these are the types of conversations that you want to avoid. 99 times out of 100, you really aren't going to make much of an impact on anyone's lives through an argument/debate/discussion/ about religion on the Internet. It just doesn't happen. So don't worry about it. It's really not up to you to convince others that God is real. God is perfectly capable of doing that by Himself, and He's already working in their lives anyways. The best thing to do is pray for those people. And God will take care of the rest.
    I'm not at all saying that you shouldn't state your beliefs on the Internet. On the contrary, absolutely do that. Just don't worry about the people who will challenge you on your beliefs simply for the sake of argument.
    You're doing great, my friend. Keep it up. <3

• Christy Wisdom

Wonderful piece :) and a great point about the sky not being blue all the time, since i never considered that when answering "is the sky blue" lol. You'd think I'd think about something like that.

• paperbird

i wasn’t going to comment but then i saw your note about atheism so i figured what the heck i’m already in three arguments about religion, why not seek more trouble?

you asked the question, “when an atheist falls, who can help them up?” i’m atheist, so i’ll answer—my own two feet.
    getting up is a fairly simple process. depending on the position you’ve fallen, you must first locate your feet. then plant them in an upright position on the floor. use your hands and arm muscles as boosts. using the strength in your body, you can force your anatomical structures to sit upright. after that, use the force in your hands to exert yourself. push yourself onto your feet. i know it can be difficult; homo sapiens are the only mammal species to walk on two legs, and consequently the birth canal is smaller and death by childbirth is more common. but evolution did make it pretty easy for us to get up.
    <3

• Lumisade

This is beautiful. I wholeheartedly agree with everything in this piece. This is literally, truthfully, what being in God's presence feels like. It legitimately breaks my heart to think of the amount of people who will read this piece or something like it and just roll their eyes. The amount of people who don't and never have experienced this kind of all-encompassing love, peace, and safety. You have illustrated it beautifully here, and I hope and pray that at least one person who reads this is affected by it. Well done. <3