Lumisade

Lumisade

A humble young storyteller who loves sunny days, brightly colored cacti, the ocean, and you.

Hallo!
I'm a young storytellin' gal just over a month shy of being an actual, legal adult . . . that's a scary thought.
My writing passion is fiction/high fantasy, but every now and then I pop out an edgy poem or two about my feelings.
I am also a theatre kid. 100%. If writing is my passion, then acting is my dream.
I just love to tell good stories any way I can.

Hi. I have been hurt by vaccines.

4
Hello.
I am Lumi. I am 17. I am unvaccinated. And I do not plan to change that, because vaccines almost destroyed my mind.
When I was an infant, my mother vaccinated us kids. She had begun to doubt the validity of the claims drug companies made that vaccines are totally harmless, but she hadn't done enough research yet to justify not vaccinating me. So to the doctor's office we went.
I'm told I was about 8 months old when I received the vaccine that would damage parts of my mind and shape how I think and function for the rest of my life. It was a hepatitis vaccine.
Less than an hour after receiving the vaccine, my mom noticed that something was very wrong with infant me. My whole body broke out into a horrible, red rash. And I started crying, and didn't stop. Now before you roll your eyes and say something like, "Babies cry, big deal. It's what they do," please just shut up and listen for a minute. This was not one of those "babies cry" moments. This was, I cried almost non-stop for months. After receiving that vaccine, it was like I was a different child. And as I grew older, it was clear that other developmental issues were starting to arise.
I was an abnormally angry, moody child. Abnormally. From a very young age, I threw tantrums so violent that my parents had to learn a safe way to restrain me so I wouldn't injure them. I was abnormally sensitive to loud noises; I was terrified of flushing toilets and vacuums for far longer than any normal child should be. I was extremely sensitive to textures. I felt claustrophobic in most of the clothes I wore, but felt perfectly fine wrapped up tight in a soft blanket. As I got older, I had trouble remembering things my mom told me to do, like simple tasks. She would tell me in her bedroom to go empty the dishwasher, and by the time I got to the kitchen, I had completely forgotten what I was supposed to do.
This. Was. Not. Normal.
When I was very little, I went to an equine therapy class to help with my development. I went through vision therapy at around age 8 to try to create new pathways in my brain that would allow me to function better. And it worked, but not completely. And we still weren't sure what exactly my problem was.
And then, in my teens, my mom learned about Sensory Processing Disorder.
And she discovered that I had been given Sensory Processing Disorder from a vaccine.
The truth about vaccines is that they don't cause autism or other negative effects like SPD to random people. They cause negative effects in people who have a mutation in a certain gene that, when not mutated, allows your body to process the heavy metals contained in vaccines. But when mutated, it can't do that. I have that mutation. Everyone who has suffered mental damage from a vaccine has that gene. But do the drug companies want you to know that? Absolutely not. Not in a million years. Drug companies are not out to help you, people. They want your money. They use that money to fund political campaigns for people who will reassure you that vaccines are totally safe so that the drug companies will keep funding them. It's a vicious cycle.
Get it through your heads, people. Vaccines are not completely safe for everyone. Stop silencing voices like mine from people who have experienced the negative effects that vaccines can have. Stop calling for people like my mom who is no longer pro vaccine to be punished for her choices. She knows what she went through, having to parent me. The rest of you have no idea. You have no idea what went through and still struggle with on a day to day basis. My mind does not function like everybody else's. And I will have to live with that, for the rest of my life.

I have been hurt by vaccines.

Stop telling me to be quiet.

Good luck! :)

• Lumisade

Exactly!

I had thought about it, but I wasn't sure if it would be worth it. The opinions I shared in this piece are pretty unpopular and probably wouldn't be given much consideration because of WTW's agenda (which I'm sure they have one). Not many people are willing to publicly speak out against vaccines because of the violent backlash they will receive. But maybe I'll give it a shot!

Exactly! If they know about the genetic mutation, they should figure out some way to test people for it (that isn't harmful). And the drug companies are being dishonest to some extent if they pretend that their vaccines are safe for everyone; they're not safe and people need to know that. Have you thought about entering this piece in the Op-Ed competition? It might be a good entry for that.

• Lumisade

Man, that is really awful. I'm really sorry about that.

They really should. I understand that vaccines have and can do a lot of good to protect people from harmful diseases, but I definitely think they could be made a lot safer. And drug companies need to own up to the fact that vaccines are in fact potentially dangerous for some people and they should probably consider testing people for genetic mutations BEFORE injecting them with harmful substances.

Yeah, they were mostly about bugs and spiders and stuff, but I was really scared at the time and almost nobody in our house got to sleep :S
    I'm really sorry to here that you actually suffered mental damage from it though; they should be able to do something to where they don't give vaccines to people with the gene mutation or something.

• Lumisade

Oh my goodness, that's awful!! I'm so sorry that happened! Nightmares are so horrible, and I can't even imagine what hallucinations are like. That's just so awful.

I totally sympathize with you here, the last vaccines my parents ever got me (just the chicken pox ones) made me hallucinate. I had BAD nightmares that still haunt me today. They stopped getting us vaccines after that.