izagrace04

•15
•an artsy human
•scrunchy maker
•sweater hoarder
•business owner (@fullypdx)
•only child
•christian
•future fashion designer
•homeschooled
•graduating 22'

Your sitting in your bedroom. You look around and sigh uncomfortably. You have nothing to do. Your phone is dead, your friends are doing homework and your parents are out of town. Then you get an idea, one that is so smart, you almost scream for joy. You jump out of bed, grab your laptop, pull up WriteTheWorld.com and WRITE!

10 P R O O F S

4
for all those who do not believe in God, here are 10 proofs he does:
-trees
-flowers
-stars
-planets
-birds
-dogs
-cats
-water
-fruit
-Y O U

• izagrace04

@paperbird, sorry it took so long to respond!! I do not remember if I asked you this, but to refresh my memory, before I respond, why do you believe in evolution?

• paperbird

also, evolution is not a religion. a religion is defined as a system of norms and values based off of faith in a superhuman order. cultural anthropologists actually argue that beliefs such as communism, nazism, and capitalism are all technically religions (if you’re curious, i can give you more information, but it’s kind of long so i’m not going to type it out now). evolution is, arguably, belief in a superhuman order, because it is belief in something that does not clearly exist. but it doesn’t create any norms or values.

• paperbird

“scientific theory” doesn’t mean what you think it does.
    with a case such as evolution, the theory is literally impossible to prove—unless someone lives for a hundred thousand years and literally watches natural selection firsthand, it stays a theory. you could say the same is true for god.
    would you mind specifying your preference of microevolution over macroevolution?
    additionally, there is plenty of proof for evolution. i literally just gave you three websites; would you like me to scour the rest of the internet and find everything there is?
    natural selection is fact. it doesn’t make sense for the universe to operate any other way. if you compare the human genome to the dna of a chimpanzee, 96% of it is the exact same (source: https://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/08/chimps-humans-96-percent-the-same-gene-study-finds/). there’s also something called analogous structures, which are bone structures that are varied in use but identical in structure.

• fatpanda

In answer to your first comment, there are multiple instances. i. Terrorism by the Muslim community due to their unfriendly relations with Hindus forms a large part of my country's history. There was this group who got into a restaurant in Mumbai and started slitting peoples' throats just because they couldn't chant verses from the Quaran. ii. Hindus and Muslims hate each other. If you follow global issues, you may have read about the Pulwama attack. A suicide bomber from a terrorist group in Pakistan killed 40 innocent Indian soldiers, in the name of religion alone. This vigilant hatred India and Pakistan show against each other has no basis except for religion. iii. People use religion to be homophobic and sexist. They say, "God doesn't want it to be this way."
    This was all there was at the top of my head.

• izagrace04

@paperbird, it might help you to know I believe in microevolution, but not macroevolution.

There is absolutely proof for microevolution, but none for macroevolution.

I'd like to ask you WHY you believe in this and what led you to believe this?

I also want to state, that renowned scientists actually state evolution is a THEORY. I believe evolution is a religion, and it in some ways has gone too far. No disrespect meant :)

Almost all those links only talk about microevolution.

I do ask you to please explain the way they can tell the ages of rocks a little bit more to me, before I respond.

:)

• izagrace04

@fatpanda, laying your life down for Jesus means to commit your life to Him. You acknowledge Him as your Lord and Savior.

I'm sorry I didn't answer this, I must have missed that question.

• paperbird

@izagrace04
    firstly, you didn't answer fatpanda's question.
    secondly, there is an incredible amount of information on this topic. i invite you to look at these websites:
    https://www.khanacademy.org/science/biology/her/evolution-and-natural-selection/a/lines-of-evidence-for-evolution
    https://www.priweb.org/index.php/education/education-projects-programs/the-evolution-project/evidence-for-evolution
    https://www.sciencelearn.org.nz/resources/1485-relative-dating
    this barely scratches the surface––there are so many great proofs for evolution and logical, rock-solid reasons for our universe's existence.

• izagrace04

@fatpanda I hear you. May I ask what led you to this thought process?

• fatpanda

@izagrace04, your response to my comment is exactly what I want to lay emphasis upon. The way you emphasised Christanity and were borderline enforcing it upon me even when I said I don't believe in following a religon. Also, your statement, 'who lives inside all true Christians' totally ignores the existence of other religions. Muslims make up about 22 per cent of the world's total population, they can't be idiots for reading the Namaz multiple times a day.
    Also, please enunciate how one should lay down their whole life for God? I believe he or she created humans for a reason, one without the sole purpose being chanting their glories.
    I mean no offence, please don't take this wrongly.

• izagrace04

@paperbird, can you list where you are getting your information? What tests? What scientists preformed them?

• paperbird

i agree with rainandsonder. being a teenager, i don’t know enough about the origins of bacteria to answer your first question, but there’s plenty we know about 600 million years ago—using fossil evidence, relative dating of rocks, and DNA analysis we can discover an incredible amount about the evolutionary pathways.
    your reasons for believing lie in your simple faith for how you think of omnipresent beings. i’ve long thought about religion and humanity’s methods for understanding the world, but it always boils down to this: do not forget that there are other religious people—jews and muslims and hindus and taoists—who are also completely, solidly, 100% certain that they have faith in the true god. it’s funny how everyone’s always so absolutely certain they’re right.

i mean no offense.

• izagrace04

:)

• izagrace04

@rainandsonder I feel like that’s a red herring (avoiding the question.)

@izagrace04 in response to your response of paperbird's comment: but what proof is there that god created those things? i'm not sure i get how the existence of trees or fruit qualifies as proof.

• izagrace04

@fatpanda, I believe God lives inside of all who accept and give their lives to him. On top of that, God's son came down a couple thousand years ago, and his name is Jesus. Jesus, God, and The Holy Spirit (who lives inside all true Christians), are the same God. The Trinity.

It's not enough to just say you believe in God, you have to SHOW you believe in God by giving your life to him. Not any God, but the TRUE God. Jesus.

Hope this didn't sound offensive :)

• izagrace04

@aj-izzy yes, God made things so beautiful.

• izagrace04

@paperbird

1. result of the parasitic growth of bacteria six hundred million years ago. the current tree structures are a result of a selective environment.

Proof?
    I would ask you were these bacteria came from?
    What proof is there is was 600 milllion years ago?

2. same as trees

Same questions.

3. originally clouds of dust and gas that are slowly gravitated toward one another and create heat energy via physical contact.

Proof?
    Where did these cloud of dust and gas come from?

4. result of gravity. planets form via rocks clumping together, and they orbit stars due to the stars' gravitational fields.

Proof?
    Where did the rocks come from?

5. same as trees

Same questions.

6. same as trees

Same questions.

7. same as trees

Same questions.

8. mixing of hydrogen and oxygen molecules

Where did the molecules come from?

9. same as trees

Same questions.

10. depends on who "you" is, but if you're talking to me directly, it's the same as trees.

Same questions.

Thanks for responding, I love sharing my viewpoints with others :)

• fatpanda

Also, I find the concept of God, as it has been portrayed, really sexist. How come, in all religions, is God a man?

• fatpanda

Okay, here's another viewpoint. I believe in God, but don't believe that he exists in a form. I've been taught that God resides in each one of us, and that's how I like to think of him or her: omnipresent. The thing is, I live in a country that was split on the basis of religious differences, so I don't believe in 'Faith'. I won't read books preaching any religion. I won't judge people on their religion. Too much in this world has already been destroyed under the pretence of religion and 'following God's wishes'.

• AJ - Izzy

For me it's not the physically of all of these things, but the beauty and wonder of it :)
    Thanks for writing this

sorry, maybe this is me missing the point of this piece, but how is this proof that god exists?

• paperbird

although, to answer your rhetorical questions––
    2. same as trees
    5. same as trees
    6. same as trees
    7. same as trees
    9. same as trees

sorry, i don't mean to be offensive at all. i chose to comment because this piece is directed to people who aren't christian, and i'm not, so i responded with what i think. i completely respect your beliefs. thanks for sharing this piece!

• paperbird

cats 4 life

• izagrace04

@christywisdom, yes absolutely!

• Christy Wisdom

Yep!! The world is proof of God's work!!