Screenshot 2019 04 04 10 28 04 1554353905593 1554354027225

MimiChoudhury

Hey
I am Swastika but everyone calls me Mimi
Ruskin Bond
J.K. Rowling
Hunger Games
Harry Potter, Harry Potter and morrreee Harry Potterrr.
Ravendor
Books
Music
And
Moreee
Check out my ongoing novel
Home-schooled

TODAY'S MY LAST EXAM!!!!!

Please read till the end..

P.S. I m now leaving for the exam. Wish me luck!!!!!

:D

A huge difference

PROMPT: At Home

0
"Hey, what's the difference between a home and a house?"
I almost fell off my chair,adjusted myself back on the seat, and looked up with surprise at the two bright eyes in front of me.
"Homework, is it?? Or something el-"
"OFF COURSE ITS HOMEWORK MUMMA. WHAT ELSE WOULD IT BE ?"
I  looked closely at my daughter's eyes. Never had I ever seen so much sincerity in her about her schoolwork before...why...was this one indeed a mere schoolwork or something more?
"MUMMA!!! Can you hear me?"

Slowly and nervously I held her by the hand and motioned towards the sitting room ...but
"I know you won't give me the answer there Mum. Would you?"
I looked at her nervously. Did she know? Oh...of course not....she would have been laughing her head off if she did.
"Look Nancy-" I began, only to  cut across by my offspring.
"You just tell me the difference..and after that I'll go back and will never ask you a SINGLE QUESTION  ON THIS TOPIC ever!!"
"Promise?"
"Pinky Promise. Give your small finger, I-"

Slowly, I accompanied her to the place where I had spent almost my entire childhood. The place where I know that no one could judge me. This place..
.this area has been witness to many incidents....breakups, friendship, pride, love....but has never laughed about it. Solitude has always patted me on the back whenever I failed at something, and loneliness has given me his hand to get up...to try again...to succeed. This was the place which made me feel at home....which brought out my inner self to the frontier...and which gave me comfort. Comfort that was beyond any royal luxuriousness or sumptious meals. Comfort...that was mine...and eternally ...mine. 
Today, after almost a decade, when I started recollecting those forgotten moments with the huge banyan tree in front of me...my eyes swelled up with tears....tears of some unknown happiness...happiness of meeting an old friend after ten whole years. I could not stand my ground any longer....it was like the tree was calling out to me..
"Come come...sit on my branches... spend some time with me..."
Fighting back the temptation to run upto the tree , I simply gaped at it, drinking in the whole scene with utmost satisfaction.
Suddenly a warm small hand patted me on the back . 
"Go."
She said, and suddenly I realised that my Nancy had planned this school work herself to give me back my childhood....my home.

1