Hannah Christensen

I am 14 years old and I have been playing the violin for 12 years now. I have big dreams to one day publish a successful novel. I look to everyone for advice and ideas of how I can improve!

My Violin History

PROMPT: Living People

1
    11 years ago was when I started the violin, and I've loved every moment of it. You see I have violin superpowers. I can control everyone and bend them to my will, but only when I am playing my violin. Michelle, my best friend, thinks that I am crazy for liking 1:00 in the afternoon; however, that is my favorite time of day because I get to practice in orchestra and learn more about the thing I love the most. I love collecting all of the sheet music that I've ever played and adding it to a collage hanging in my bedroom. Violin is the first thing I think about in the morning and the last thing I think about at night before bed. In fact, I once had a terrifying nightmare where I was the violin instead of the person playing it and my player smashed. Lets just say that as soon as I woke up after that nightmare I ran to check on my violin and make sure that it was perfect and not smashed like I had been in my dreams.
    I love biology! Most people don't like learning about the world the world around them, but I actually love knowing about everything that is going on around me. Maybe that is something that would make me an awesome leader one day. My favorite part of the year is the summer when it is nice and sunny outside, almost always around my birthday, and I read many books. My favorite book of all time is Charles Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities. For my birthday every year I hold a read-a-thon with my friends to see who can read the most books in one day. We call it our towns mini book club. My best habit is by far how determined I am. I remember how when I first was starting out on the violin how my parents wanted to quit on me and not let me continue playing the violin because I hated to practice; however, I was so determined not to let them give up on me that I started practicing all by myself and quickly caught the practicing bug.
    The thing that I don't like about myself is that I bite my nails whenever I am anxious or nervous. I am normally just nervous because I don't want to mess up and embarass myself while playing in a concert. It has calmed down over the years, but I am still scared after the experience I had at my first concert. You see I was super nervous that I messed up on every note except for one and then I peed in my pants. I hope that you all enjoyed seeing a glimpse into my life!

Holly Bingham