Th

AminahMcBina

Hey, I'm Aminah, but most people call me Mina.
16 yrs. old|SUMMER BREAK|INFJ-T|Female/Girl/She/Her|I think I'm something of a writer|Animal lover||MARVEL FANGIRL FOR LIFE

SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG, I'M STARTING ON THE REVIEWS, RIGHT NOW! :D
-Mina

1 SENTENCE CONTEST RESULTS AND HONOURABLE MENTIONS! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!READ MESSAGE FROM WRITER!!!!!!!!!!

13

Ladies and gents this is the moment you’ve been waiting for…

Okay, so, contest results to my 1 sentence contest.

Romance:
1st place:  “Damaged and bruised and bloodied, he found comfort in the other man's arms, holding him gently and running a hand through his hair” by Old Sport
-I absolutely loved how emotional and original this was, it was hard narrowing down the romance entries, but this one was fantastic!

2nd place: “I've always wanted a kiss in the rain, but his lips moving on mine in the snow was better.” By Rose, Thorn
-This was simply beautiful!

3rd Place:  “Though I hate you with all the fury of the hearth, I also love you with all the fire in my heart.” By The Bubbling Pen

Humor:
1st place: “I can't take you seriously with that face on your face.” By  weirdo
-I have no idea why I died while reading this. `\(._.)/`

2nd Place: “"I'm sorry and I love you?" Henry tried as another shoe came barreling towards his face. uh oh.” By luluwrites111
-This was so funny! It’s actually something I have seen happen before. My aunt and her bf got in an argument about something, and he literally did the “I love you” thing on her, while she shoved his clothes in a suitcase. It was hilarious.

3rd Place: “Maybe hiding in her basement to surprise her for Valentine's Day was a bad idea.” By Old Sport
-I HaVe a BaD SeNsE oF HumOR

Short and Sweet:
1st place: “Little do we understand that when the fires rage and take the last color from the world, grey is still on the spectrum; it tills the soil for us, even taking the time to lay down fertilizer.” By Blotted Ink with a Broken Quill
-This was so beautiful! I love your choice of words, it’s simply amazing!

2nd Place: “It's the people you don't choose who change you the most.” By Maella Teele
-This was so true and beautiful!

3rd Place: “"I love you," I say as his hands cup into a heart; the mute can speak in some ways.” By Rose, Thorn
-SPEECHLESS! (No pun intended)

HONOURABLE MENTION: “I realized, at that point, that my mother was just preparing me for the harsh cruelties of the world.” By Opal Drop

“He jumped from cloud to cloud, leaving the joyous light of day in his wake.” By  luluwrites111
-I couldn’t categorize these one, they were amazing!

Short and powerful:
1st Place: “When we rise to the standards, reach with clarity, and push to the limit, we are rewarded like everyone else; but when we rise above the stars, reach beyond the horizons and push to no limit, that is the greatest reward of all.” By AJ - Izzy
-Do I have to explain why this is first place? [Insert essay of praise]

2nd Place: “Surely you realize that if all of us are unique, being unique becomes normal?” by The Bubbling Pen
-This is so true!

3rd Place: “I thought you acknowledged me as a best friend; little did I know that I was the "piece of trash" you referred to behind my back.” By Mangolover
-I’ve experienced this before, betrayal is the worst.

HONOURABLE MENTION: “She channeled the Stone’s power until her whole body was wreathed in the purple fire, flames spread as they shot upwards in column after column, and she was screaming, screaming as if she was in a lot of pain, but she didn’t refrain, not once, she would never refrain.” By  rosemarywisdom
-I can only think of GOTG…

AND FINALLY… HORROR/THRILLER/We are eViL!!!!
1st Place: “My world was blood—hot, sticky, crimson blood—a metallic ringing of metal slowly shaving off layers of flesh, blood coming to the surface and pooling on the cold stone floor; Still, no one hears my screams of agony, of my eyes being torn out day by day, second by second.” By Blotted Ink with a Broken Quill

Also 1st Place: “Barbed wire tied him to an old tombstone and the word "freak" was spray painted across his chest.” By -Foxmillionaire-
-THIS IS THE DEFINITION OF HORROR, PEOPLE!

2nd Place: “With just one day left to kill him, I didn't know when I would break and kill myself instead.” By Opal Drop
-Totally a thriller…I saw a lot of these “kill myself instead” horror sentences, but this one really spoke to me :p

3rd Place: “The shrapnel dug into her heart but no blood came out.” By fatpanda
-O.o I love thisssss!!!!

HONOURABLE MENTION(S): “There's only one thing worse than craving blood and not being able to get it: not wanting blood but getting it anyway.” By weirdo

Today is street-cleaning day-- you know what that means!-- run. By Julius Caesar
“I had tried everything, I had nearly broken myself, only to be left with the two options that I had dreaded and given my all to fight: To kill them, or to kill myself; they're the same though, I suppose.” By spearmint

WITH OUT ANY FURTHER ADO…
PRIZES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(If you have gotten first and second, or first and third- just add up the reviews…so for example, if you got 1st and 2nd place, you’d comment 5 pieces you want a review on.)

First place:
A follow if I'm not already following you
3 reviews your choice
5 likes + comments

Second Place:
2 reviews your choice
3 likes + comments

Third Place:
1 review your choice

--this was a lot--

xx,
Mina
All the wonderful entries:

·  Julius Caesar
Humor: "I know I'm bleeding a lot and that I have a 6 inch knife cut on my stomach- and no, I'm not scared because the blood doesn't faze me anymore which is mostly because been bleeding every month for TEN YEARS!"

·  Blotted Ink with a Broken Quill
Short and sweet-
Little do we understand that when the fires rage and take the last color from the world, grey is still on the spectrum; it tills the soil for us, even taking the time to lay down fertilizer.
Short but powerful-
The bursting sky fills with flashing streaks of white, and as we point to them, we don't even know they are traveling at 100,000 miles an hour.
Romance-
It was short-lived, but it didn't need to be any longer; it was tender, but didn't come too close; it was honest, for there was no need to hide the truth; it was fleeting, but it lasted for a thousand years.
Humor-
My list of goals for 2019:
Procrastinate.
...-Hmmm.
I guess that's all I got.
`\(°ˆ°)/`
Thriller/horror-
My world was blood—hot, sticky, crimson blood—a metallic ringing of metal slowly shaving off layers of flesh, blood coming to the surface and pooling on the cold stone floor; Still, no one hears my screams of agony, of my eyes being torn out day by day, second by second.

·  Maella Teele
It's the people you don't choose who change you the most - short and sweet

·  Julius Caesar
humor/horror: today is street-cleaning day-- you know what that means!-- run.

·  Mangolover
SAD ROMANCE:
I watched you since day one, I said "hi" to you on day two, I walked home with you on day three; why is it now on day eleven, when I finally confessed, you ignored me like garbage?
SHORT BUT POWERFUL:
I thought you acknowledged me as a best friend; little did I know that I was the "piece of trash" you referred to behind my back.
SHORT BUT (bitter)SWEET:
The day you left me was the day I realized that I was better off alone; better off depressed than regretful.
HORROR/THRILLER:
A hand climbed onto my window, blood trickling from its fingertips, but it was just a hand; there was no body attached to eat--my meal was stolen and I vowed to kill the one behind this.

·  Opal Drop
Short but sweet - I realized, at that point, that my mother was just preparing me for the harsh cruelties of the world.
Humor - I knew that if Netflix and chill couldn't fix Amy's broken heart, nothing could.
Short but powerful - The truth went so far as to get me above everybody else, to put me one step higher in this step of the way.
Romance - Stay with me a little longer, and I'll hug you till you realize that not even the sunset can show how much love I have for you.
Thriller/horror - With just one day left to kill him, I didn't know when I would break and kill myself instead.

·  Rose, Thorn
"I love you," I say as his hands cup into a heart; the mute can speak in some ways. - short and sweet
Blood pouring from the inside of the cut, a knife in her hand, tears in her eyes; the saddest thoughts were discovered here. - short but powerful
I've always wanted a kiss in the rain, but his lips moving on mine in the snow was better. - romance
"YOU CAN'T SEE ME IF I CAN'T SEE YOU, *Where the hell is he* - humor
I whipped my head around seeing the distance between us and quickly turned back, only the wall was there and I slammed into it expecting stars and darkness; seeing instead a figure with a gun, pull the trigger pointed towards my head.

·  Old Sport
Short and sweet - I want to say 'I love you,' but that'd be too little words.
Short but powerful - Lighting a cigarette, he traced a finger along his burn scar; gruesome but brief, leaving damaged skin in its wake, the incident leaving skin connecting part of his lips together.
Romance - Damaged and bruised and bloodied, he found comfort in the other man's arms, holding him gently and running a hand through his hair.
Humor - Maybe hiding in her basement to surprise her for Valentine's Day was a bad idea.
Thriller/horror - His footsteps thundered across the ground, sending him flying across the bridge and off the edge as a means of escape; he felt a hand lightly brush his hoodie, escaping just in time, hearing a gunshot as he fell towards the river below--but it was not aimed it him--rather, the bullet pierced through the leg of his brother, who'd been chasing him with murderous intent.

·  Julius Caesar
short but powerful- first too loud, suddenly too quiet.
humor- "you told my mom WHAT?"
horror- it was coming and i had no option left but to run as fast as i could.

·  fatpanda
short but powerful: the mosquitoes kissed her goodnight.
romance: "i loved our clandestine rendezvous," he whispered into the darkness.
horror: the shrapnel dug into her heart but no blood came out.

·  rosemarywisdom
She channeled the Stone’s power until her whole body was wreathed in the purple fire, flames spread as they shot upwards in column after column, and she was screaming, screaming as if she was in a lot of pain, but she didn’t refrain, not once, she would never refrain.

·  -Foxmillionaire-
Thriller/horror
Barbed wire tied him to an old tombstone and the word "freak" was spray painted across his chest.
·  The Bubbling Pen
There's only one thing left to say: "I do." - short and sweet
Surely you realise that if all of us are unique, being unique becomes normal? - short but powerful
Though I hate you with all the fury of the hearth, I also love you with all the fire in my heart. - romance
According to my keyboard, zero comes after nine! - humour
One patched eye glints through the darkness, a scar cutting its way down to a manic grin - "just one more", chuckles a voice laced with blood. - thriller/horror

·  AJ - Izzy
Thriller/Horror: White knuckles, hard against the cold, stone table; battered red and purple welts dripping dark, scarlet blood onto the surface, sound stabbing viciously with the threat hanging in the dead still air, "this is what you deserve."
Short but powerful: When we rise to the standards, reach with clarity, and push to the limit, we are rewarded like everyone else; but when we rise above the stars, reach beyond the horizons and push to no limit, that is the greatest reward of all.

·  weirdo
Thriller/horror: There's only one thing worse than craving blood and not being able to get it: not wanting blood but getting it anyway.

·  Christy Wisdom
Short and sweet - The baby's tinkling laughter floated up into the night sky; even the desolate man on the moon couldn't help but smile as he listened.
Short but powerful - You are never truly alone; God is with you, even when no-one else is.
Romance - The happiest day of his life was when he finally kissed his bride.
Humor - If I were in someone's shoes then they would be in mine; therefore, by telling me to step into another's shoes, you mean to tell me that I need to switch bodies with someone!?
Thriller/horror - I don't know what's scarier- the fresh red blood on my undamaged hands, or the words "we've come to play" scratched on my wall.

·  weirdo
Short and sweet: I only have one thing to ask before I begin this mission: Will you be my side?
Short but powerful: What's the point of trying, if you're not going to try for someone?
Romance: I won't stop loving you until I stop loving everything about this world.
Humor: I can't take you seriously with that face on your face.
·  TheUnkownPen
Humor: She said "I love you," and I punched her in the face, but she knew that was my way of affection, other then leaving the house looking like a dump."
Short and Sweet: You can never get a cup of tea and a book large enough to suit me." I know this isn't really powerful, but to me it is.
Romance: Two hearts in love, no matter whom they are, call for no words

·  spearmint
Short and sweet
He taught me one thing: to love myself.
Short but powerful
There are many magics in this world, but one is the most powerful, one truly matters: love.
Romance
For that moment, her words were the most pure: "I love you."
Thriller/Horror
I had tried everything, I had nearly broken myself, only to be left with the two options that I had dreaded and given my all to fight: To kill them, or to kill myself; they're the same though, I suppose.

·  luluwrites111
Short and sweet
He jumped from cloud to cloud, leaving the joyous light of day in his wake.
Short but powerful
Hate can be extinguished with one word--love.
Romance
Her love was abundant in the steaming hot soup, present in every touch, every cut of the knife on the board, each tear with each slice of onion went into the cup, and a feast only love could prepare weighed down their table.
Humor
"I'm sorry and I love you?" Henry tried as another shoe came barreling towards his face. uh oh.
Thriller/horror
The ominous night shrieked a warning, just as Lena told herself nothing was there--but something was there, something that was slipping through her window, reaching for her throat right now.

• Blotted Ink with a Broken Quill

You're back! Wonderful to have you again.

• green.eyes.gurl

So I'm watching Thor for the first time ever (I'm getting into Marvel, and I've already watched Iron Man, Hulk, and Iron Man 2) and I'm a little confused: Is Loki good or bad? Because he seems like both at some times.

• weirdo

np! now that I'm looking at the prizes, those are quite a lot of reviews to write

• green.eyes.gurl

I'm eh, also. I just had a family death like two and a half weeks ago, so that's fun! also, long story short, my friend joselyn posted something on her snap story basically saying "if you don't like a girl, don't flirt and lead her on, and tell the girl you like if you like her" so hoswe took that as tell maddie (again) that he likes her and not talk to me. so he wasn't talking to me for a couple of days. that's fun, too! oh, and i tried calling you a few weeks ago? i was at my school's musical (Anything Goes) and my dad gave me his phone in case I got a panic attack and had to leave, so I decided to call you. you didn't answer *grumpy face* HOW DARE. hahaha, but what's new with you?

• Julius Caesar

Omg, I love these sentences so much!!! Also, I can't believe I actually got an honourable mention!

• green.eyes.gurl

Hey, how are you doing?

• Rose, Thorn

3 reviews!! thank u sm!!! this was so much fun!!

• luluwrites111

Whatever reviews you want!! Love ya! :)

• Mangolover

Yay! All these entries were sooooooooo goood! Loved reading them all! Anyways, you can review any piece of your choice (random) -- it doesn't really matter to me

• Doktor Habit

you can do whatever w the reviews!! i'd sorta prefer them on my 'flynn rewrites' pieces though! since there ARE four of those gsahdghsdgh

• The Bubbling Pen

Hi Mina, thanks so much for an awesome contest - I always love writing one liners and the prompts were great! You can choose which pieces you want to review if you want, or here are 3 that I've chosen: A Symphony of Anger, Maybe, and The Smile In Your Eyes. Thanks again <3

• fatpanda

Hey, thank you so much, you can do any one of my pieces :)

• AJ - Izzy

Thank you so much, congrats ya'll!!

• Opal Drop

Thank you so much! Could you please review my piece The Deep hearts of our Teachers, and my piece My Life as an Oddity?
    Thank you again.

• Blotted Ink with a Broken Quill

Wow, thank you so much! As for the reviews, if you could do: Growing Down, then 5 others, if you want.:D

• rosemarywisdom

:)

• rosemarywisdom

Aww, thanks for thinking of me <3 Means a lot

• weirdo

Thanks so much!
    Umm...can you review my entry for the Op-ed contest? I don't care what other two pieces you review!

• Christy Wisdom

congrats, y'all!

• spearmint

Thank you!! I'm so honored!