CODY RUSH

Tell me everything you think about it, good or bad.

Equal Pay for Women

Equal pay is something that should be a right and law because you can’t judge someone by their sex. I think that a woman that does the same work as a man should be paid the same as a man. So, the US Government should pass the Paycheck Fairness Act.
    According to the US Census Bureau The average wage paid to women is 76 cents for every dollar paid to men. That’s 1/4th less pay to women just because of their gender.
    The paycheck fairness act will fix many loopholes in the equal pay act. It will make it much more strict and much harder to get around. The equal pay act was made for a reason and should not be put to waste.
The act would prohibit retaliation against employees who ask about wage practices or disclose their own pay. It would also strengthen penalties for equal pay violations. that would fix a lot of problems with equal pay.
        In conclusion I think that we should pass the paycheck fairness act because it would have  many advantages as shown in the paragraphs and barely any disadvantages. With all this evidence put together I think we can all agree we should pass the paycheck fairness act.
“On Equal Pay Day 2015, NOW Calls On Congress to Pass the Paycheck Fairness Act.”National Organization for Women. Web. 19 Nov. 2015. <http://now.org/media-center/press-release/on-equal-pay-day-2015-now-calls-on-congress-to-pass-the-paycheck-fairness-act/>