CHANCE JOHNSTONE

I don't care

White Bear Lake is Shrinking

White Bear Lake is Shrinking 
    At least once a week in the summer I go in White Bear Lake on beaches or on boats. I’ve        notice a big difference in the lake and it’s community, the beaches have been shrinking which    makes people need to pay for that. Therefore we should do something about the water shortage because people are moving off the lake because of the high taxes.
    The first reason that we should help the water level in the lake is, the price on the lake are going down. A house owner on White Bear Lake says,”my home, valued in 2010 at nearly $1.2 million, is more accurately valued now at 33 percent less — $800,000.”  In other words his house price has gown down about $400,000. This statement proves that the lake is affecting the prices of people's homes. That is important because if the houses prices are so low it probably means that there is something wrong with the lake and people don’t want to move to a lake that isn’t healthy.
    The second reason that we should help the water level in the lake is, some of the businesses around the lake rely on the lake. There are many recreation activities that go on, on the lake and when there’s people on the lake they might go out to eat when they're done on the lake. If there isn’t as many people on the lake not as many will go out to eat which will affect the business. This pretty much means if the lake goes down the businesses will go down with the lake.  
    The third reason we should save the lake is it’s a Minnesota lake and lakes are important to Minnesota. The star tribune said, “Minnesota is known for their lakes so they should try to have them all be as clean and as healthy as they can be.” This proves that Minnesota should do something about the lake. This is important because Minnesota is known for its lakes and shouldn’t want to lose one of its lakes.
    White bear lake is reaching a record low in 2010 of about 6 feet below normal, which will also raise taxes for the people that live on the lake.” Even with this evidence there are still people that will argue that this is ok because there is more room for beaches on the lake now. Some people that live on the lake say they don’t need all that room for a beach so it’s a waste and there paying higher taxes. There are more people moving away than ever because of the high taxes which proves that the shortage of the lake is bad.
    White bear lake is dropping a lot over the years. The lake has dropped almost 6ft in the past few years.“White Bear Lake  reaching a record low in 2010 of about 6 feet below normal, which will also raise taxes for the people that live on the lake.” This shows that we should do something because if we don’t it can affect the people and animals around the lake. One suggested thing that people should do is to take short showers and not water their lawns a lot.