Cgugrgwuaaa0f6x

Stewart Worthington

I write when I find the time - and sometimes when I don't have any at all.

Hello! I'd love any comments, ideas or advice on this piece and all is appreciated. I hope you enjoy my piece and thank you for reading!

My Life as a Twin

Hello reader, my name is Gen. It's very nice meet you and thank you for reading this piece. Before I begin I should inform you of something. You probably, definitely don't know that I am one of two. That is a pair I mean, a pair of twins. I am the younger one of the both of us by a time of 20 seconds and she'll never let me forget it. As I've grown up and met new people I've been asked approximately 48 times, "Do you like being a twin?" I normally vary my answer depending on who is asking. My answers are usually positive (depending on my mood), as I’ve never really pondered about the negative. So reader, I’m not is actually sure how this piece will turn out so I apologise for possible boredom. Again, thank you for reading and here is what I feel passionate about, my life as a Twin.

My twin and I share a room, I’m not the left and she’s on the right. However, from time to time we’ll swap for one night and don’t tell her this but her bed is the most comfortable piece of furniture you could ever find. Despite this she sleeps like a log on it every night. Literally like a log. She doesn’t move. It frightens me when I have my routinely middle of the night wake up, and I go over to see if I still am a twin. Besides this I don’t mind sharing a room. Sometimes we’ll stay up gossiping and I can go through her clothes draws without her knowing. However, ten minute tidy up is when I’m not a fan of the old room sharing. Definition of ten minute tidy up: When we’re lounging about on a Saturday afternoon, my father will announce that it’s time for a ten minute tidy up and sing its coupling theme song: “Ten minute tidy up, work as a team. TEN MINUTE TIDY UP!” We all grown, but I think it’s quite catchy. That’s when we argue about who’s is what to pack up, but you know, what are sisters for? Normally, I’m a sleep before her and awake before her but there’s not an exact routine. On school mornings, I sometimes come over and pull her covers off to get up. Word of advice, don’t pull someone’s covers off on a school day. That reminds me, school. We go to the same school and are obviously in the same grade, but not at all same classes. This was a change from primary school as we were together 24 hours a day, but now we don’t even have HPE together. This because she participates in Music and Drama, whereas I am a Business and French type of person. It’s quite sad, I would like to have her in my class. She would always protect me for others and could always help with my homework. It’s a bummer, but I have to move on as I am avoiding your boredom.

At lunches, we sit together. Not just us, we have a lovely group of friends. If you were thinking it was just us at lunch reader that would be extraordinarily odd. We don’t thoroughly interact at lunches as she is slightly more talkative than I am, which is something I love about her is. This has qualified her as an absolute master as making friends. I think if she walked past every girl in our grade and said hello she would get an answer back with her name and a bonus smile. We talk in the afternoon after school though, as twins should. Normally about our days, encouraged by our older sister. My older sister is two years older that Bernie and I and has always said she loves being our older sister. To continue, our Mum then comes to pick us up and our Dad will either be at home waiting for us or we go and pick him up. My parents are extremely capable to take care of twins. They balance our timetables, necessities and dramas both at an equal level and love as both at those levels to. They are genuinely loving and we are always reminded that they adore having us twins (and our older sister). I love my family and am glad that there is a pair of twins as I think the dynamic would be totally different.

I have now taken you through my personal life as a twin, as should probably now address some other points that have come up as I’ve grown up. Firstly, my birthday. Twin birthdays aren’t a big deal when you’re little, there’s a cake, there’s the song, you’re happy. But as one grows older, parties come into play. Parties where people need to be invited. Here there is a long discussion of it’s a small or large party, who is a close enough friend to be invited or how one should avoid someone who is not invited. This is normal for anyone singular birthday, but for a double birthday it gets a bit complicated. As my birthday is very soon, I’m preparing for action. Additionally, the awful stereotypes. Luckily, my twin sister and I agree on this awful action of the human race. And I know I am but sorry for over reacting, reader. This mostly seen on TV shows and movies and it gets on our nerves. So my dearest, dear reader, if you’re involved with the television or film industry please put an end to this madness (such as, “It’s like they’re the same person!” Grrrr). Anyway, reader, I’m not exactly finished but I’ve almost hit my mark. I hope I didn’t cause you any boredom, and I’m sorry if I did. I guess there really wasn’t a point to this piece, but here is one that has no relation to what I’ve written, but still is very true. I love my wonderful twin sister, because she is actually what I’m passionate about