Writers of the World

[user-hosted account]
Account for prompts, reviews, comments/likes, and a FOLLOW!
Hosting a contest!
Constantly reviewing.
Supportive.
Always updating 'Message from writer' box
Consider us acquainted :)

"Step into a scene and let it drip from your fingertips" ~MJ Bush

“Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man’s growth without destroying his roots” ~Frank Clark

October Must Reads are UP!
http://bit.ly/oct19MustReads

November Must Reads Nominations are UP!
https://bit.ly/2DvpGP9

Want to enter a User-Hosted Contest?:
https://bit.ly/2OO8yus

Hosting our own contest-#GOrwell [Due date extended, now the 31st of Dec.]:
http://bit.ly/GOrwell10short

Current Followers:
Need/Want a review? Check out our exclusive 'Please Review Page'
http://bit.ly/plz-review-page19

We want your: Suggestions, Ideas, Comments, Critiques, & More

7
    This account, Writers of the World, started at the end of 2018, in December. And since then, everything I've hoped for was not only accomplished, but has gone far beyond my expectations. I only thought five people would follow this account, however, we've gotten a larger number than that. In addition, the amount of pieces people have created based on our prompts are OUTSTANDING! Great pieces everyone! Lastly, the must read nominations are all FANTASTIC!
    Anyway, the reason for this post wasn't for thanking-that will come in a later piece- but for you guys to give us Suggestions, Ideas, Comments, Critiques, & More!! I want to know what you guys think about this start up! (Please keep it positive, and if helpful!
Here are some guiding questions we have:
  • What do you think of our Monthly Must Reads? Is there any way we can make them better?
  • Are our prompts helpful, useful, or not-really-helpful?
  • Would posting tips for writers be helpful? (I was looking into this, but didn't know if it would actually help)
  • How helpful do you think we are? (possibly using a scale or 1-10, 1 being the worst, 10 the best)
  • Should we host a contest?
  • Is there something this account needs more of? Less of?
  • Should there be some sort of games? (Suggestions would be nice)
You can answer all, some, or none of these questions, they are simply just examples of what I'm looking for. I really hope you guys share your opinions. Please leave your 'Suggestions, Ideas, Comments, Critiques, & More' in the comments! I'll be checking back on everything as much as I can! Thanks!
Last but not least, May You All Write Freely
Small Notes:
This account if managed by someone outside of the WTW administration, and they have an account of their own. However, this wish to remain anonymous. But just wanted to make sure you don't think this account can do anything about the website or program itself!

I really love the must-reads and think the current system is really good for them (three is easier than two :) but I would like it if we could nominate pieces from the month before as well because I had some pieces I saw from January that I missed nominating then.
    The prompts are really cool, but I don't generally use them very much. I did one though, the villain death scene and I enjoyed doing that :D
    A contest might be cool and I would definitely consider entering :) You could maybe have some in-the-comments contests for games or something... idk, but I really love this account and think the things you do are all really awesome!!! Your reviews are helpful & in-depth and much appreciated :DD
    On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give you an A+ (or 10 ;)
    Thank you for being here & I hope everything is going well, both or this account and your other one :DDDD

• symphonyrain0812

Your account is extremely helpful and I love reading the "Must-Reads". I would love it if you included competitions

i think your account does a lot for a user that doesn't post writing themselves. your monthly must reads are a great way for the community to compile their favourite pieces and spread the word about stories that might not have gotten as much recognition at the time of publishing. personally, i don't look for prompts so i don't use them, but it seems like a lot of other people do - and your prompts aren't boring either so kudos to you for that. there have already been several tips and guides for writing on this site, so i don't think you have to delve into that aspect, although your reviews are very thorough so maybe you should think about it (idk, most things have already been explained, but i'd like to hear what you have to say). i've read the reviews you wrote for r.j.elsewhere, and they were exemplary. it's difficult to find good sources of reviews on this site, so it's nice to know that you're a steady supply. a 10 for sure. if you want to host a contest, you should. be creative with the prompts; i've left contests alone many times because i couldn't write to suit the prompt, or the prompt was too open-ended and i couldn't think of anything to write. your prizes of reviews would be promising for participants, so i think you should give it a shot once the contest craze happening right now has calmed down. i feel like writing games are slightly irrelevant at this point; collaborative stories can be diverted from their projected path from poor writing that you can't control, and not everyone will be on the same page at all times. it's messy but some people enjoy it. i am not one of those people, but you do what you want. the gigantic post with all the monthly must reads is a little difficult to read - the formatting is clumped and i can't really tell which ones were the ones you particularly enjoyed compared to others. perhaps if you gave the author of the absolute best pieces for the month shoutouts in your bio for that month, it would be easier for those writers to gain recognition for their work. thank you for your service, write free

• AJ - Izzy

You are so awesome! I love this account, its been so amazing and helpful! The prompts are great, super creative and fun to work with. I think tips and advice would be great, a long with the contest and games! I'm afraid I don't have any suggestions right now, but I think that whatever you come up with will be amazing! I'd definitely rate you a 10

• Johanna

Advice for writers, competitions, and games would be great!

• spearmint

Also, your prompts are incredible!! I've only written for one of them, but there are a few I would like to write, but sadly, have never had the time to do. Keep them up. As for the writing tips, I think people would like them. Often, on a person's profile, I find 'writer looking to improve' or something along the lines of that. I rate you 10. I need you. I love this account. Your prompts inspire me. I doesn't matter if my ideas are totally and completely irrelevant to the prompt. Just know that some of them sparked by reading your words. Yes, please hold a contest. You have brilliant prompts, and I would love to see the one you use for a contest!

• weirdo

The prompts are very helpful in order for my brain to get generating! And, I think you should definitely host a contest!

• spearmint

Hey, who wouldn't want to support you if it means ideas for poor writers like me who are in desperate need of inspiration almost always?