Bye2

korra4life

I'm no longer on WtW and have withdrew the majority of my pieces. If you want to get in touch, you can message me on Instagram or my email (found in 'Message from Writer').

Thanks for being around, guys! Keep writing and DFTBA.

And... I'll probably delete this the next time I log into WtW. Seems a bit 'needy' to me.

Welp...

5
I guess I owe an explanation? 
I've been gone (on and off on WtW) for the past month... maybe one and a half. 
Did I write while I was away? Nope. 
It's quite a long story, I must admit. But I'll make it short.

For starters, I have been pretty busy with school. I wish I am homeschooled, but I'm not. So I have to deal with travelling to school, staying after for clubs/sports, going home, doing homework, and, as an added bonus, taking extra classes. I've been a bit busy for the past few years. 
2019 hit me like a train. It's been a pretty rough academic start. But, I'm doing fine. 
I've just told myself that I need to focus on schoolwork as an excuse to stop writing. Why? Because I didn't want to face the real truth, which is a question: 

Can I actually write good stories, or is this just a random hobby where I should quit? 

I got really obsessed with this question last year. I quit writing for a few months (four to six, I can't remember) because I was pretty sure the answer was no. I also assumed that if I was meant to write, then it would kill me to be away. 
It didn't. 
After a while, I just assumed that my writing sucks and I should quit. Before you go and start rapidly typing in the comments about how I shouldn't quit, let me just tell you that I've decided something:
Even though my writing might suck, I have too many things to finish on WtW before I give it up. And I have too many ideas to just stop.
So I won't... yet. 

And before you start typing in the comments that I shouldn't quit because I'm "talented," let me just say that it really sucks to love something but realize that it will be impossible for you to do it. It does. Imagine that you love to run and are on track to become an Olympic athlete, but end up losing your ability to run (Unbroken). Imagine that you love to use your hands for intricate things, but end up damaging them beyond repair (Dr. Strange). In those movies, people feel so much for the main characters because it is a relatable feeling.
So imagine how I feel when I attempt to write. Sometimes it just sucks and there aren't any ways to describe it. 

• Mary Wall

Welcome back! The site hasn't been the same without you.<3

• korra4life

I don't think it is the same thing as not surviving, but maybe I'm wrong.

Btw, your profile looks like a really cool place :D

I think that empty feeling when you don't write is the same thing as not surviving :SK

• korra4life

Thanks for all of your comments! I'll definitely keep writing. And to answer your question, @Mangolover, I don't know if this is a passion or just a hobby. It feels empty to not write, but I can survive pretty well without it. Eh, I don't know.

Welp..... *high five* I can't think of anything else to say that you didn't say not to say :DDDD Just do what you want to do. Welcome Back! :DDD

• Mangolover

(anyways, you really are talented!) & sorry for the long comment... must be tiring to read :P

• Mangolover

ahh. hmmmm, that's a question that usually pops up into my head. But think about it here, do you love writing as a passion, or just as a hobby? A passion is something that you hang on to dearly, knowing you'd die without it; kind of like a raging wildfire hanging onto every wisp of oxygen. However, a hobby is something you would like to continue doing in your spare time. Both scenarios are what make us human, and honestly, without flaws or imperfections, life wouldn't be interesting and wouldn't be worth living. Not everyone has to be good at everything, and often times we all think that we are terrible in EVERYTHING. I know, it happens a lot. In my opinion, I wouldn't say I'm good at writing, but I live up to pursue it as a passion; something I couldn't live without or else I would be bored 24/7. I also get that school takes out a huge time from all of us, but if you need a break, or just have some work to catch up on, go for it. You honestly shouldn't be apologizing for being occupied with something that may have a heavier impact in the future. So go ahead, and write free (SFOW). You shouldn't be restricted, and we are all good at things in our own ways, so don't feel sorry! Anyways, good luck with life, and I hope to read more from you! :D

• pencils.and.paper.roses

weirdo makes a fantastic point. Good luck with whatever it is you choose to pursue :)

• weirdo

Sometimes I ask myself the same question. My writing is "eh" while everyone else's on this site is amazing!
    Just remember, Dr. Strange may not be able to be a surgeon again, but he is a master of the mystic arts. So, if you come to find out that writing is not your thing, there are so many amazing things in the world that you could be great at!

• Dmoral13

Sometimes we have to break little, before we can rebuild. Best of luck!