Shgif

RNE

14-chicago-bangalore-MCU-mortal_instruments-infernal_devices-lunar_chronicles-wonder-dark_artifices-AJR-Imagine_Dragons-BENEDICT_CUMBERBATCH-brooklyn_9_9-NF

“Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said 'I think I’ll drink whatever comes out of these when I squeeze ’em?”
― Bill Watterson
"Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that who cares?... He’s a mile away and you’ve got his shoes!"
— Billy Connolly
“The only mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets.”
– Al McGuire
shout-out to
Johanna
Quille
The Bubbling Pen
AJ - Izzy
for their amazing pieces in my competition!

The Demigod Verdict #3

7
After being interrogated like I was carrying weed at border control for about an hour, Chiron and Annabeth finally let me get ready for 'The Olympians (not-so) Cordial Council' as Percy calls it. When I entered the Hermes cabin, I didn't really have a warm welcome. Almost everyone made some excuse and walked out. Ash offered a smile and lent me a dress saying I had to look like I meant business. The dress had butterflies on it. Each with a set of three googly eyes. I declined and stuck with my camp halfblood shirt.

As I walked out I saw people crowded around the cabin. At first, everyone was staring at me, then they started talking, 'You don't deserve to wear that shirt, freak!' 'Go back to Tartarus!' and some other stuff I can't mention here. I walked with my head down hoping people won't see my tears. Ash kept glaring at people and I kid you not, she even growled. 

After a quick decision, we (by we I mean Annabeth and Chiron) decided that Chiron, Annabeth, Percy, Ash and I would go to Olympus while Rachel watched over the campers. They decided to bring Ash after I faked a panic attack and declared that I wouldn't go anywhere without Ash. 

Olympus for some reason was above a toys r us factory. We had to drag Percy and Ash, who looked like they were in paradise. To say Olympus looked palatial would be an understatement. Annabeth really outdid herself, there were giant fountains, huge statues (for some reason all of Hera's statues were smaller than the other Greek gods) and regal mansions. Olympus itself was breathtaking. It was humongous with intricate designs of all the great battles chiseled into the building. It felt like I was actually there at the battles. I didn't know who was prouder of the architecture, both Annabeth an Percy were beaming so much that they were brighter than Apollo on his 'chick magnet.'

The gods were all seated in unique thrones each one resembling the god seated in it. Zeus' had a throne that looked like a stormy sky with a bolt holder. Poseidon had one that looked like a fisherman's chair. Hades who now had a throne in Olympus had a throne that seemed to be emanating death. Hera's looked like a peacock. Athena's was a giant owl looking thing. Apollo's resembled the sun. Artemis' resembled the moon and if you looked at it long enough you can see the face of a wolf appear. Aphrodite's looked like a giant lettuce (it seems lettuce is significant to her). Ares' looked like the aftermath of a battle. Hephaestus' looked like a forge which I thought was pretty cool. Demeter's resembled a field of barley which would be very uncomfortable to sit on. Hermes' looked like FedEx had an explosion and they just scraped the mess together in the form of a throne. Dionysus was made of grape vines. I guess that covers the thrones.

Now for the gods. Zeus was in a suit and had a trimmed grey beard. Hera was in a greek dress with a silver crown. Poseidon wore  Hawaiian shorts and what I think are flip flops. Demeter was in a green dress and was carrying a pair of hedge clippers. Ares wore biker leathers and sunglasses. Athena had her dark hair in a bun and wore jeans and a t-shirt that said: "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe." Apollo looked like one of the Disney stars, like a mixture of Austin Moon and Jace Herondale. Artemis looked like a twelve-year-old and wore a silver dress. Hephaestus looked like...well I'll be honest he looked like he survived a fire, he wore forging clothes and I am pretty sure there was a hammer in his beard. Aphrodite well... her appearance kept changing one second she was my mom then she was the female version of Benedict Cumberbatch.. let's just move on. Hermes looked like that one postman who would not only give you your letters but would come in and elaborate his life, he had a messenger bag around his neck and wore a pair of jogger's shorts. Dionysus looked high, he wore a leopard shirt, shorts, purple socks, and purple flip flops and his eyes were bloodshot. Hades wore a black robe and black Nikes. 

If I thought Percy, Annabeth, and Rachel were judging me too hard I was wrong (with a capital W). Try twelve twenty feet tall gods with one of them emitting death and one smelling like he's dead(Ares). Zeus was the first to speak, 'Kaira Keller, step forward.' As I took a step forward I felt some type of barrier made around me. When I took another step forward it was like I was being electrocuted simultaneously by twenty tasers. I sank to my knees, breathing hard my eyes stung. Ash was suddenly next to me. But the moment she touched me she let out a shriek and fell down, a white line appeared in her perfect golden locks. 'No one is allowed next to the thing and the thing is not allowed further from the point where it is standing,' Zeus bellowed. Annabeth pulled Ash back, shaking her head at Zeus in disgust. Hermes got up and took his daughter out of the room, ignoring the looks Zeus was giving him. 

Zeus cleared his throat and looked at me, I say we kill her.' Artemis  who was staring at me intently said,' I say we let her live.' Chiron who looked incredibly uncomfortable raised his hand,'The girl..has a quest, my lord.' That's when Zeus lost it. The air sparked with electricity. Things were being randomly zapped by lightning. Zeus thundered, 'A QUEST? WHO DARES GIVE THIS THING A QUEST?' Instead of rolling into a ball and begging Zeus to stop, Chiron looked him in the eye and calmly said, 'The Oracle, who else ya bum?' (I might have added the 'ya bum'), for a horse he's hella brave. Then he recited the prophecy which surprised everyone except Apollo who probably already knows about it.

Zeus thought about this for a second then smiled,' I say we put this to vote, all in favor for this thing not to go on a quest and we kill it say aye.' Athena, Ares, Hera, Dionysus, Demeter, and Zeus said aye. Apollo, Artemis, Hephaestus, Poseidon, and Hades sat poker face on their thrones. While I was still kneeling on the floor trying to stop shaking after being electrocuted by taserface. (comment below if you got the reference)

'Mom! How could you,' exclaimed Annabeth.  Athena shrugged,'I have to choose the more logistical decision.'

Zeus smiled revealing a set of perfect pearlies,'It looks like we won, Ares kill her.' Ares got up from his throne smiling like a lunatic he is. 'What is up with you wanting to kill every powerful demigod that comes this way, Ares,' demanded Poseidon. 'Is this about me wanting to kill that brat of a son you have,' said Ares looking pointedly at Percy, who was to busy glaring at Hera to notice. 'oh you asked for it,' said Poseidon grabbing his trident and getting up. 'Girls, girls, GIRLS! Hold your horses let him first finish what he started,' said Zeus who looked like he was in between a Bond marathon and the power went off. Ares brought his dagger next to my neck and I could hear Percy yelling at him to stop. 'I vote for her to go to the quest,' said Hermes coming into the room. Zeus' smiled even brighter and I was getting seriously blinded, 'That makes it even but I have veto, bring the dagger down, Ares.'

Ares lifted the dagger and aimed at my neck.

• RNE

@Blotted Ink with a Broken Quill, i'll try not to make that mistake in the coming chapters.
    Thank you guys so much for reading this fic, i spent so much time writing it!

• Blotted Ink with a Broken Quill

Oh, nvm, guardians of the galaxy. Smh

• Blotted Ink with a Broken Quill

Was taser face from avatar?

• Blotted Ink with a Broken Quill

I liked the description of all of the gods and goddesses' thrones and appearances. One thing though, a lot of the story jumps between present and past tense, which is a bit odd.

• Christy Wisdom

YOU SHALL FEAR THE NAME OF THE MIGHTY TASERFACCEEEE

*hears laughter erupt in the background

• RNE

aw thanks man.

• AJ - Izzy

I am so intrigued!!
    "Aphrodite's looked like a giant lettuce (it seems lettuce is significant to her)." bahaha
    "Try twelve twenty feet tall gods with one of them emitting death and one smelling like he's dead(Ares)" Yeeeesssss, gorgeous!! XD
    "While I was still kneeling on the floor trying to stop shaking after being electrocuted by taserface." TASERFACE is hilarious!! GOTG Vol.2, I love it
    Please keep going, this is brilliant!!! :DD

• RNE

i'm so happy you got the reference, my sister said no one would get it. she's a bum.

• Johanna

"Hermes' looked like FedEx had an explosion and they just scraped the mess together in the form of a throne." bEaUtIfUl
    "Dionysus was made of grape vines." ;u;
    "'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.'" Eyy I know this quote and I love it
    "the female version of Benedict Cumberbatch" I NEED THAT IN MY LIFE
    TASERFACE YES GIRL