Shgif

RNE

14-chicago-bangalore-MCU-mortal_instruments-infernal_devices-lunar_chronicles-wonder-dark_artifices-AJR-Imagine_Dragons-BENEDICT_CUMBERBATCH-brooklyn_9_9-NF

“Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said 'I think I’ll drink whatever comes out of these when I squeeze ’em?”
― Bill Watterson
"Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that who cares?... He’s a mile away and you’ve got his shoes!"
— Billy Connolly
“The only mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets.”
– Al McGuire
shout-out to
Johanna
Quille
The Bubbling Pen
AJ - Izzy
for their amazing pieces in my competition!

the pianist's paranoia

4
Ten minutes late. Mum stalks out of the room while my fingers tried to find the right keys. Each note joining to play a sonata of
pandemonium. Mr. Jacob tries to correct me at every flawed bar,
'play slowly.'
'take deep breaths, it happens to the best of us.'
'quaver not semiquaver.'

My heart had a metronome of itself, beating much faster than the annoying device on my piano. My legs were moving up and
down so fast that the piano was vibrating. 
'Concentrate on the metronome.'
'Focus on the keys.'
'You are using the wrong fingers, the first finger on A.'

I was shaking my head trying to concentrate. The keys clashing with each other. My hands shaking, frustration getting the better of me. Sweat beaded my face, I could feel the tension make its way down my spine. Dark strands of hair which broke free from my bun were plastered on my clammy forehead. They keys were melding together forming angry shades of grey. 
'Concentrate Aarini, the exam is coming!'
The metronome, the hideous sounds the keys were making and his exasperated shouts were turning into a giant hurricane of mayhem. Then the clock struck nine. I didn't know who was more relieved Mr. Jacob or me. I got up so fast that my chair knocked into his thigh making it tremble like a leaf on a windy Chicago morning. He let out a grunt, shook his head and made his way to mum. 
'With the looks of it, she'll take years to pass.'
'I'll make sure she practices.'

He grunts again and walks out the door rubbing his still trembling thigh. I sigh and sit down turning on the metronome. 

1

• paperbird

part two is out!

• Johanna

That was intense...