7461d8e8 f9e2 4f6b 8f2a e27a974888f1

PouringOutTheSun

Ireland

“In the darkness, two shadows, reaching through the hopeless heavy dusk. Their hands meet, and light spills in a flood, like a hundred golden urns pouring out the sun.” -Madeline Miller, “The Song Of Achilles.”

I’ve Got A Whole Host Of Feelings After Seeing Twenty Øne Piløts Live

6
“You’ve got pieces of paper in a jar there.”
Yeah, once I watched as a guy screamed his heart out on a stage and then hit a drum making them fall from the sky.
I picked them up off the ground.
One of them dissolved on my friend’s cheek, 
Her tears were happy but the paper didn’t care, it stuck, stuck so fast and I laugh sobbed a little more with her as some people moved around us.

I remember feeling every drum beat right in my chest and god, my feet were killing me, and my throat was getting scratchy with my own desperate shouts but he was right there, breathing and there was tears drying against my cheeks and the lights were almost too much for my eyes, but then he walked across that bridge, you know?
“No, I don’t”
Hey, that’s okay. You’ve probably felt this with other things though, that swell of light in your chest, your shaking fingers and so many words stuck in your throat you’re suddenly fearful you’ll never speak again.

It’s such a gift to be the people who can make others feel such a specific sort of hope and belonging.

I hope I can provide someone else with that feeling one day.

As a way of saying thanks, to Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun.

• Jae

i love this! great detail, and emotion, and word choice!
    :DDD

WOW!!! This is soo emotional!!! I can totally relate to that feeling & you made it jump at me right out of the computer screen; AWESOME job :DDDDD