PouringOutTheSun

Ireland

“In the darkness, two shadows, reaching through the hopeless heavy dusk. Their hands meet, and light spills in a flood, like a hundred golden urns pouring out the sun.” -Madeline Miller, “The Song Of Achilles.”

#blacklivesmatter

I’ve never been any good at dialogue tags, I think mine are boring and bland. Does anybody have any tips on them? Literally anything will help.

You’re A God In A New Age And You Don’t Know What You’re Doing

4
“Oh my god, that’s it,” Accalia roughly drew her hair up behind her ears, “you don’t walk like us.”
“Excuse me?”
“I mean, you’ve still got that bounce of immortality in your step, the curled toes and strong footfalls. You’re walking towards an end I’ll never get to see.” She stopped and took a breath, eyes alight with an emotion her words didn’t reflect. 

“I’d been trying to figure it out for ages, there was just something a little bit off about you that I couldn’t quite put my finger on. I went through a list of what I remembered when I first met you and saw that you had turned off the faint sheen of your skin, got rid of the too-sharp points on the end of your teeth and made your hair a little darker so people’s eyes wouldn’t hurt when they looked at it,”

“But Neiryn, that’s not how humans walk.”

oof i'm hooked. i love where this story is going! do you have character profiles so that i can sketch them for fun? i love drawing other people's characters rip