weirdo

me around my parents: |
me around my friends ~
(haha terrible joke)

likes:
marvel
supernatural
broadway
books
gods and goddesses
stars
oversized sweatshirts
boys
girls
my friends
writing
pie

dislikes:
hatred

i got bored so i wrote this. so many people ask so i thought that i would just explain. i know that there are millions of theatre kids out there that relate!

Stage Me v. Regular Me

5
"If you like acting so much, why don't you have more confidence?"
Ah. Well, you see...
I'm not myself. At least, not when I'm acting. No, when I'm acting I'm someone completely different. I'm a fairy who brings a puppet to life. I'm an evil hyena who follows the lead of a malicious lion. I'm an ugly witch who really enjoys her vegetables. I'm a fierce lion who represents Jesus. I'm a personified, chaotic cat who causes mischief and introduces an imaginary land to a little boy.
But, do you know who I am not? I am not me. If I were me, I would be sitting in the corner. I would not be center stage. If I were me, I would keep to myself. I would not be singing solo songs. If I were me, I would be wearing bland and dark clothing. I would not be wearing a costume that leaves the whole theatre in awe. 
But, once I put that costume on. Once a put that complicated stage make-up on, once the lights in the house dim and everyone quiets down, once I make my dramatic and amazing entrance, I am someone else. I am an actress. 
And, I will rule the world for two hours. Maybe less, depending on the show. And once that is over? I go back to my normal, boring life. I go back to my corner of solitude, away from the rest of you people.
And I wait for the next show to begin.

• LittleWolf

Thanks! Know that I know what they are, it is really obvious haha!

• weirdo

@LittleWolf Oh, I wasn't really clear, was I? The other three were Into the Woods, The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and Suessical (which I am in the rehearsal process for now, as the Cat in the Hat)

• The Bubbling Pen

Such a beautifully deep and personal piece, I love this so much <3

• LittleWolf

This is so true! Whenever I dance or act or sing, or really just perform in any way, I feel so much more powerful and proud. I feel like someone entirely and you have summed up that feeling so perfectly. Also, what are some of the productions you mentioned? I got: Lion King, Pinocchio, but what are the others?