17c94b3b 78b8 4b79 b671 569011000d2b

winnie.

helllo my name is winnie and i'm a sixteen year old loser who's very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very gay

any general feedback would be awesome :^)

Dear Eyes,

1
Are you really the windows to her soul? Your brilliant swirls of earthy colours always hold such tiredness. She's not been the same lately, and you're my only lead as to why. How can you be a reflection of her if you shine with hints of sadness? I hope she’s okay. Please keep her safe, you’re closer to her than I’ll ever be. Do you enjoy looking at me? It’s common occurence for our gazes to meet. I can only guess that it’s for good reasons, but if she silently hates me please give me a warning. It’s hard to tell when there’s always some form of distance between us.

You’re very pretty, by the way. I’ve heard others compare your hazel tone to dead grass, but it’s not accurate in the slightest. Your astonishing blend of greens and browns are the very essence of the earth. They're the colours of the flora that surrounds us: the lush grass that's soft on bare feet, the plentiful soil that slips between toes, the bark and the leaves of the tallest trees. You remind me so strongly of early autumn, when there’s still warmth in the air and the leaves are just beginning to wither and brown. You're a forest of wonder. You light up when she smiles, and it’s incredible.

Please don’t let the dead grass thing get to you. Clearly the people who say that just can’t see your true excellence. After all, no one else has ever had their forehead pressed to her’s and gazed into you lovingly, have they? The memory of the first time I truly saw you is still fresh in my mind. Even in the darkness of the room you were illuminated with that same brightness you always have when she smiles. She was happy, and I mean truly happy. The soft little hums that she made, the gentleness of her hands as she stroked my hair, the steady beat of her heart as I rested on her chest: all completely innocent and real happiness. I miss the closeness we shared that night. Does she miss it too?

Lately, you haven't looked your usual self either. You seem emptier, not full of life like normal. I can't figure out why you're this way, and I don't think she can either. When we meet, you don't seem as excited to have caught my eye. You seem pained. She seems pained. It's worrying me sick. She's talking to me less, the hair ruffles aren't as frequent. I've found myself getting jealous at how my friends can easily be natural around her, but i'm too scared to even look at you, let alone go near her. But I'll never stray from trying to be positive for her. I can't give in to my assumptions.

Please turn the light back on soon. I miss getting lost in you.

Lots of love,
Win.
i've been tossing up writing something about eyes or a love letter type of thing, so here's the fetus of those two concepts! happy writing, everyone x

2