Drawing

Madelyn_Catharine

✩14✩
✩"But sometimes superheroes cannot save everyone."✩
✩Total dork✩
✩ Proud Gryffindor✩
✩Shadowhunter✩
✩Demigod✩
✩Dauntless✩
✩Alive despite anxiety✩
✩Stand for those who have fallen✩
✩Umbrella Academy✩

Does contain a swear, sorry (not really). Hope you like it. Thanks for reading.

Love Letter to the Lost

PROMPT: Love in Words

3
Dear lost love,

I don't think it happened like they say in the movies. No, it didn't. I didn't "fall" in love, I instead walked into it with open arms, ready to love you. I didn't plan and I wasn't ready. I wasn't ready at all because one day we met and I liked the way you smiled at me and the way you told jokes that weren't even funny, but made everyone laugh. I liked the way you called me by my last name instead if my first and gave ridiculous nicknames to everyone. I liked the way that you were so shamelessly yourself.
    One day I remember you were just talking and I laughed because what you had said had been so sarcastic and witty, I couldn't help it and I saw you glance at me with that sideways grin of yours. I remember the way you made grand hand gestures when you told stories and I remember the way your face would light up when someone called you funny or even weird because you took it as such a powerful compliment.
    But I also remember the way your face lost it's color when someone was telling a sad story and their voice broke. I remember the way your eyes would widen when you heard someone joke about suicide and I remember the way you'd jump in mid-sentence to stop them because hey are you okay? I remember the way you tried to cover up your tears when I saw you crying in an empty classroom. With all the happy things that make you you, I remember not only them, but the sad things that have made you who you are because you can't just love half of someone.
    I remember when I was having a bad day and I just wanted to cry and you pulled me into a hug and held me. I remember lying in bed that night, an unfamiliar churning in my stomach, thinking about the way you held me together because I couldn't do it myself and I remember whispering "oh shit" because I was in love with you and there was nothing I could do to stop it.
    Soon it was all bright with love notes in my locker and a blush on my face when you said my name because you said it so differently from everybody else. Soon it seemed like a daydream because you had broken down my walls like no one else and left me breathless and hopelessly in love. Soon you were my everything because you had walked so causally into my life and changed my world. Soon everything was your typical love story and although I've never been one for cliches, we were one.
    A modern day fairy-tale like love stories, I suppose. 
    We were everything. Until we weren't.
                                                                                                                                                Sincerely, 
                                                                                                                                                        The brokenhearted                                                                                                                                                          half of who we were

Wow, that's so beautiful & sad! Fantastically written; it broke my heart while reading :( Good job :)