Writing 1209121 960 720

TheUnkownPen

One word to describe me, found it. LAUGHTER

I would really appreciate some feedback because this is my first piece.

A Unique Story

20
The first story I’ll tell is mine. It’s different from most, it;s sad, it's true, and not as important as some, but all the same, it is my story and no one else’s.
In 2005, I was in my crib, in a small orphanage in Vietnam, perfectly content with my life, until, January of 2006. That was when my adopted parents came. I had a stepsister, a mom and a dad, who all lived in New York City, so one month later, I was in a crib halfway across the world, in a beautiful condo that I should have appreciated more, because I wasn’t in it for long. My mother and father both worked extremely hard, but my step sister had a stepmother, who used to be married to my dad, until he divorced her because she was manipulative and didn't work hard. Back to my step sister. I guess she had some kind of problems, and still to this day I don’t know what kind, but she changed my life forever. Every night, she would run away, get drunk, and get high with her boyfriend and every night, my mother and father would go everywhere to look for her and bring her back home. Sometimes they found her, and other times they didn’t. When they didn’t she would come home at 3:00 am and still be welcome in our home. Eventually, and rather quickly, my parents wouldn’t allow her in our house if she were drunk or on drugs because that made for an unsafe environment. My sister’s mother then told my parents that my sister was to be sent of to behavior camp and that my parents had to pay for it. Now, my parents loved my step sister dearly and wanted to see her happy, healthy, and hardworking, so they sent her off. It was about 200,000 dollars a year, so we sold our house so she could go, and we moved into a slightly smaller apartment. When she came back for the behavior school, she was all kind and polite and my parents took her out for dinner. Right after, she ran away to her boyfriends house, got drunk, got on drugs, and flew to Florida and I haven’t seen her since. I believe she is now 32. Back to my life after her. When I turned 4, I took the Hunter test and was accepted, but soon after, my father had a heart attack, and died at the age of 54. We moved to the Upper East Side and now I’m older and I go to Hunter. Last year, the woman whom I looked up t most in my life died. She was everything I aspire to be. She has a heart of gold, courage of a lion, but tenderness of silk. She was my grandmother. Pretty much everything from there on in my life has been a blur, even now, but now I do debate, and when I grow up, I hope to make a difference.

• Harlow

I’ve given up all composure. I can’t be the only one crying, right?

• AJ - Izzy

Wow, and here you are, powerful as ever, writing your heart out... I wish I had that courage :) I'm excited to read more of your writing, it's really good!
    Always write free, AJ

• Blotted Ink with a Broken Quill

Powerful.

• Jae

Oh my gosh this is really really good. I can relate a teeny bit, because I was adopted hen I was four also, but nothing as big as this. I like your message, stay positive, and can't wait to read everything else from you.
    ;D

• camlily

Wow- I love this so much, your message is so amazing even though you had to go through a lot to get here. Great job <3 and I can't wait to read more of your writing!!

• ProcrastinatingWriter

Oh my gosh! This is so incredibly good!

• Madelyn_Catharine

Your story is so uniquely different and yet you have grown the fire inside you that everyone holds. It connects you to other up-standers and I think that's beautiful. Continue to be heard through your writing, continue to speak out, continue to make a difference. One word at a time.

Good job! Everything is solid in this :D I can't wait to read more of your beautiful work on here :DDD

• Majestically Awkward Manatee

Such a beautiful message in the last line <3 I really like hearing about true stories and this one was very moving, the way you wrote it was amazing! I'm grateful that you decided to tell us your story and I wish the best for you <333333