Shgif

RNE

14-chicago-bangalore-MCU-mortal_instruments-infernal_devices-lunar_chronicles-wonder-dark_artifices-AJR-Imagine_Dragons-BENEDICT_CUMBERBATCH-brooklyn_9_9-NF

“Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said 'I think I’ll drink whatever comes out of these when I squeeze ’em?”
― Bill Watterson
"Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that who cares?... He’s a mile away and you’ve got his shoes!"
— Billy Connolly
“The only mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets.”
– Al McGuire
shout-out to
Johanna
Quille
The Bubbling Pen
AJ - Izzy
for their amazing pieces in my competition!

The Demigod Verdict

10
So there I was in the middle of a forest trying to guard a flag while dodging arrows volleyed by the blue team..ahh a regular Friday evening. Steve who was supposed to help me guard was busy doing who knows what, so I was pretty much all alone as red team's offense. I hear an all to familiar laugh as someone jumps on top of me from a nearby tree. I was pushed to the ground as someone's foot presses hard on my chest.

'Admit I'm better than you,' says Ashley Thompson, my six foot tall best friend.
'Never going to happen, Thompson,' I say as Steve finally appears looking like he just woke up.

Steve took the scene in and with a swift move knocked Ash off me and sent a dozen arrows at the campers on the trees. I'll admit Steve was a skilled marksman and I almost didn't punch him when I got up. 

'Thanks for the help, but I wouldn't have needed it if you were there,' I said rolling my eyes.

Steve grins and threads his hands through his already tousled hair. One thing I have noticed about him is that he never talks, but that's pretty much it. I honestly don't know the guy. I mean he is a child of Athena and there were rumors that he had a fight with Apollo who cursed him by taking away his voice but..it seems kind of far fetched. 

So yeah..back to the present, Steve and I stood guard and other than a few arrows and a very confused owl nothing crossed our border. So the red team won, woohoo! Well, it wasn't much of a competition we had all the strong cabins. After all the laurels were distributed and a few rash words from the Ares cabin it was time for dinner. As always I sat with the Hermes cabin being one of the only unclaimed demigods. There was a time when the Hermes cabin was packed with all the unclaimed half-bloods but after Percy Jackson did some type of bargain with gods (I'm not really sure what took place, Ash explained this to me and Ash has an even shorter attention span than a toddler in Disneyland). I've been in camp for over a year and still, I remain unclaimed.

Think of it like this, the gods sitting around in their palace or whatever, occasionally fart and before Percy they didn't usually claim them. Basically, I'm that one fart that everyone knows exist because it has been intoxicating the air for a long time but no one is ready to claim it. There is that better? 

So dinner was normal, I scrapped off some of my food to Hermes for letting me bunk in his cabin. I sat next to Ash who is a child of Hermes. She towered over the rest of the group, so no matter where you were you could see the red mark on her face from when Steve knocked her using the tip of his bow. I as always am the first one to finish dinner, headed to my cabin alone. That's when things went haywire, a demon who possessed the head of a fire-breathing lion, a goat’s head arose from its back and to top it off its tail ended in the head of a serpent. I instantly recognized it, Chimaera. I stopped dead in my tracks, I could hear the sounds from the dining pavilion die down. There was a shout probably from Ash. But there was no point Chim (that's what I'm going to call it) was looking at me and she was only a few meters in front. It let out a blood curdling roar and charged.

I don't know what happened, but something spurred inside me. Everything around me slowed down and the ground opened right in front of Chim, who managed to look startled on all three faces. Without looking at the hole I knew it lead straight down to Tartarus. Then there was electricity zapping around my body and it started raining. But Chim was still stuck midstep as if it was frozen in time, The electricity zapped at it and the rain poured harder until it was pushed into the hole, still holding a foot in the air and looking startled. I kind of felt bad for it.

When I turned around, everyone was looking at me but they seemed frozen in place. Ash looked like she was trying to move but something was restricting her. There was a loud click and suddenly they broke free from whatever was holding them back, but they didn't look like they wanted to come any closer they all had horrified looks on their faces. Ash and Chiron were the only ones to move Chiron galloped towards me and in an instant was standing in front of me, for a horse-man he was fast (okay fine centaur, are you happy?). 

When the campers saw him advance they decided to come too. Chiron was saying something but I couldn't hear a thing as I was engulfed in one of Ash's bone-cracking hugs. When she finally let go, Chiron cleared his throat and everyone's eyes were on him.

'What happened, Miss. Keller?'
'I'm so sorry, did anyone get hurt?'
'No one was harmed but that doesn't answer the question, Kaira.'
'I don't know what happened, I'm sorry'

Chiron eyed me for a second and then turned around and addressed the crowd of campers, dryads, satyrs, and nymphs, 'Shows over people move-', he was interrupted by gasps as everyone stared at me. There was dull light over my head. A symbol glowing faintly, one I didn't recognize. A scythe with its end implanted in a skull with water pouring out of its eyes, its blade seemed to be made of lightning.

No one moved for a few moments everything was silent the rain which stopped started again the moon hid behind a few clouds casting an overall creepy aura. Then Chiron kneeled down, 'Hail sister, daughter of Kronos.'

• RNE

thanks! the next four chapters are out already=)

• vrishired2006

I need a sequel. This is not far from rick riordan's works. Hats of to you

• spearmint

The end though!!!!

• Johanna

Oh my gods YESSSSS!!!!

• AJ - Izzy

WOAH!! Yaaaaaas, chills! Can't wait for the sequel XD

• RNE

yeah i'll try posting the sequel tomorrow:)

• rosemarywisdom

WHAT?! is there a sequel in the works??!!

Kronos...... that's gotta be something tough to live with :) Sounds like a really cool story though :DD

• Christy Wisdom

aha.. a daughter of Kronos, you say? Very interesting indeed... :D