Fantasy wppe

AJ - Izzy

How to write all of me in less than 10 seconds?

Hmm, let me think... how about DREAMER?

Yup. That works.

So, thoughts? Suggestions? Comments?

Alex Faye Pt. 2

1
    “Come on, we don’t have all night!” I whispered. Anna nodded as we trudged silently through the dark woods. I looked down at the faded map in my hands. I could barely make sense of all the symbols and strange letters.

“Ugh, who knew mud was so slimy?” said Anna.
    I groaned, “Seriously? Have you never been to the woods before?”
    “Yeah, of course! What did you think I was, some sort of sassy, neat freak?”
    “Well, yeah.”
    “Hey!”

My mouth twitched slightly. “Anyways, we’re almost there. I think.”    

“You know”, Anna added, ”you might just be right about him! Who knew he lived in the middle of the Whispering Woods?”
That was creepy. I looked down at the map once more, hoping I had misread something, but no such luck. It was written in clear, cursive letters at the top:

The Whispering Woods   

If you had told me a few weeks ago that I'd go to the Whispering Woods, I would've died of laughter, ironically. The woods are said to be full of wandering spirits, those who wail in despair for they never found their way to the afterlife. It was "forbidden" to laugh, smile, or express any human joy in these woods. A whole bunch of garbage, if you ask me. My mind wandered to the last couple of days as we stumbled along. It started with detention, and my gut twisted at my treachery. I had snuck into the file room and stolen Tes' file. It wasn't a rebel, or a troublemaker. Not usually, anyways. But these were desperate times. And it wasn't worth it, the only thing we found in that file was a crumbling piece of paper; the map. 

“Next time you decide to date someone”, Anna grumbled, “maybe you should find out simple little details about them, like if they live in the Whispering Woods!” I didn’t want to agree, but I nodded slightly. “I guess I just never got to that part”, I shrugged. Anna turned bright red.

Unable to help it, I began to laugh, then stopped abruptly. I halted right there and stopped breathing. I felt Anna do the same. Everyone knew that you should never, ever, laugh or express joy in the Whispering Woods. Neither of us moved a muscle. It was so quiet you could hear the roots growing under our feet. Anna began to move, slightly, then continued to walk.

“What are you doing?!” I hissed at her. She shrugged, then said in her loud obnoxious voice, “Nothing happened, so let’s keep going. I knew those rumors were fake, anyway.” She shrugged again and kept walking. This wasn’t going to end well.
Then I heard a rustle. It was in the bushes right in front of Anna. She didn’t seem to hear it and continued straight towards it.
Okay, so this is Pt. 2 for Alex Faye, part 1 can be found here. It skips a few fillers which I'm working on, hopefully its understandable for now :)
Thanks, ya'll!

So, I was a bit confused about how this part picks up kinda abruptly, but the footnotes cleared that up :)
    I'm really intrigued to know more about this story and I can't wait until the next part is published! :DDD The cliffhanger on this is awesome by the way :DDD