Shgif

RNE

14-chicago-bangalore-MCU-mortal_instruments-infernal_devices-lunar_chronicles-wonder-dark_artifices-AJR-Imagine_Dragons-BENEDICT_CUMBERBATCH-brooklyn_9_9-NF

“Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said 'I think I’ll drink whatever comes out of these when I squeeze ’em?”
― Bill Watterson
"Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that who cares?... He’s a mile away and you’ve got his shoes!"
— Billy Connolly
“The only mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets.”
– Al McGuire
shout-out to
Johanna
Quille
The Bubbling Pen
AJ - Izzy
for their amazing pieces in my competition!

the girl in my mirror

PROMPT: At Home

19
A little girl looks at me through my mirror, her long brown hair draped around a pink dress. A barbie clutched to her chest as if she wanted it to hear her heartbeat. She told me that she loves to wear pink dresses and would force her dad to play barbie with her. How she enjoys standing in front of the class and singing Katy Perry's hits at the top of her lungs. She tells me she can't wait to be my age. About how when she grows up she would do great things.

Then her form changes. I stare into the mirror, not recognizing the girl who looks back. A girl dressed completely in black with her dark brown hair cut short and rings on all fingers. A girl who sits in the back of the class because she hates it when people look at her. A girl who has scars tattooing her hands. I ask this girl who she is, for she is no one I recollect. 

She tells me about the voices in her head, about how she can never think straight. About how she misses her old self. She tells me about the scar on her wrist from when she almost gave up on life. She tells me how she covers it with her watch. She tells me that she is scared but she would never admit it. She tells me that growing up was the worst thing that happened to her. 

• June 12, 2019 - 8:23am (Now Viewing)

• nevaredhp

Beautiful writing here. It makes me think about hard growing up has been for me. Hopefully there will be a happy ending for every "girl in the mirror" someday <3

• Johanna

Awww... this was beautiful but so sad :(

• The Bubbling Pen

Beautiful and compelling <3 To all those young children in the world and their older selves... it is never too late to change or find yourself again. It might feel like the end of your world, but there are so many new worlds to discover <3

• CreativeAngel

i felt this piece through my heart
    amazing piece <3

• CreativeAngel

Being young was easy. Growing up is too much responsibility

Very emotional/descriptive :) Gorgeously written with tangible melancholy :D Growing up is totally not worth it :DD

• Pi_Pen

This is so sad. The idea is very interesting and the writing is great, wonderful description.

• fatpanda

this is beautiful. you've captured the feelings well