spearmint

Write free

I had to tell you all this. I had to.

I Had to Say This

PROMPT: Love in Words

2
To my 34 new friends who I didn't have to meet in person; I got to know them through their words.

Thank you. Thank you for your support, you kindness, and your encouragement that you have shown me every step of the the way. Thank you for helping me grow greater, and teaching me things I never knew before. Thank you for sharing your words with me. And biggest of all, I think, is thank you for bringing my friendship circle up from 2 to so many more. I have been on WtW for a bit now, several months, really, and never did I expect to become so attached to people I didn't even meet, or see, or know the real names of.
    I didn't know anything about you when I opened this site as a new user. I didn't know what I would write. I didn't know what I would read. And I didn't know that you guys could strike me as so important and SUCH a big part of my life! I came to WtW thinking it was a writing website. A community, if I can say that about my old self. But now I realize that it is so much more. You guys are a family. You help one another out, you project yourselves, and you are willing to be honest and open here. And I'm able to do that too.
    I must say that before I was introduced to this, I was an introvert. HUGE one, get this. The biggest one in my class. Certainly one of the biggest of those of fifth grade. I had 2 friends, and that was it. I didn't open up to anyone, or talk, or socialize. It was me, myself, and I for a very long time, occasionally accompanied by my thoughts, and forever by my blisters after going back and forth on the monkey bars. I had nothing better to do. Then came middle school, I was just as depressed, if not more. Because none of my friends were in my classes. None of the people whose names I knew were in my classes. It was like hell. And piled on top of that was the workload, the stress to be absolutely perfect.
    Then my sibling discovered this site. They joined as J.A., and is now known as Opal Drop. They told me about it. And I was not disinterested. I was scared. I was terrified to find out what you would think about my work, I was hesitant. I was afraid that I would walk in here to be left with the weighing, heavy thought that no one liked me. I thought that I would never be as good as my sibling. I thought I never be good enough.

But.

But I took my chances. I published my first piece, and much to my surprise, many liked it. So I wrote another. I got likes and comments on that to. So. I kept going. And 36 pieces was not how far I expected to get. 34 followers was no where near the mark I had set before I left this site. These number have crossed my expectations, thanks to you.

I want to let you know that I love you. All of you. You have taken the time and the effort to shove me past that line that I thought I would never reach. You have offered feedback, ideas, and what I couldn't have done without: your faith. Your faith that I could improve. I am so grateful for everything you have done for me, and those things are so precious.

Once more:

I love you all.

—spearmint
I saw this prompt, I thought of my stuffed animal. He has been there for me. And then I realized that I acknowledge him. I know I love him, and he were alive, he would know it too. There were other people I had to say those three words to. So I started typing. I shared more of myself than I thought I would, and I also came to appreciate you guys more.

• Johanna

<3 We're here with you <3

Thank you for being here to share your awesome writing and friendship with all of us :DDD I'm glad to have you here and love your work :DDDD
    luv ya too <3 :DDD