Myvoterhero

valentina

Follower of Jesus...14 years old & 8th grade...author & poet seeking to bring light to YA
Passionate Spanish-speaker, theatre kid, history nerd, violinist, bibliophile
Major dork
I'd love to be your friend...no matter who you are, I love you.

(:(:(:(:(:(:(:

#capitallettersQ&A

4
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF LIFE? 
I think the meaning of life is to overflow with love from the inside out until everything around you is so goshdarn loving you can hardly breathe, and then you'll die knowing your existence made the world that much brighter, that much kinder. You just do the best you can and give all the love you can. That's why we're here, that's why we're human. 

WHAT’S YOUR GUILTY PLEASURE? 
My guilty pleasure is tea. I drink it compulsively. 

DESCRIBE YOURSELF PHYSICALLY. (POSITIVITY AND HONESTY IS KEY)  (courtesy of she’s-got-a-story) 
I'm short and have a lot of random freckles, like the one on my right hand I've called my "special freckle" since I could formulate words. It also helped me learn the difference between left and right (actually, sometimes I still reference it to be honest). I scrawl reminders in pen up and down my arms so I don't forget. I get red very easily and have a ruddy skin-tone. My eyes are hazelly-brown hidden behind cat-eye black and red glasses. My hair is brown too and falls to my shoulders. It used to reach down my back but that got inconvient so I cut it and guess what? I'm in love, especially with how light and bouncy every step feels now! 

SHOULD PINEAPPLE BE ON PIZZA? (courtesy of moi and every q&a i’ve ever done) 
Yes. Definitely. Nothing better. I will not apologize. 

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF SOUL MATES? (courtesy of lasl) 
I don't think we have soul mates because nobody is perfect and nobody is really born destined to meet somebody. We just do life the best we can, and hopefully happen to find somebody we love along the way. I do think the people in our lives are put there for a reason, though. I just don't think anybody is the "perfect match" for each other the way books make it seem.

WHAT ARE SOME WORDS THAT YOU REALLY LIKE / USE OFTEN? 
Cool beans, mi amiga. Everyone is mi amiga even if they're a guy because Hermione Granger says smash the patriarchy. 

WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE SONG LYRICS? (INCLUDE THE LYRICS) (courtesy of rainandsonder) 
Okay, sorry this is gonna be long. 

Three-Thirty
AJR
Never spoken with my mouth full
Yeah that's a mouthful and I'm doubtful
That I could get these lyrics out, oh
'Cause I think fast but I sing slow
If I ever started rapping
They'd be laughing, they won't believe me
But I got so much I wanna say, so
I'm thinking rappers, they got it easy
Someone told me to be selfless
But we are helpless without attention
So if no one's paying attention
Then does my voice get to your headphones
You start thinking about the clock ticks
You get nervous, you start stressing
So how am I supposed to fit this
In three minutes and thirty seconds
Listen to my aching heart
Quick, before you skip the song
We are human after all
And we don't stay for long
Someone told me to be selfless
But we are helpless without attention
Wealthy people learned their lesson
And never donate without the press there
You wanna skip it if it's wordy
But fit the whole song in three-thirty
I thought I had the ADHD
But that's a real thing and I'm just lazy
Listen to my aching heart
Quick, before you skip the song
We are human after all
And we don't stay for long
We are human after all
And we don't stay for long
Listen to my aching heart
Will you keep this record on
If Ed Sheeran writes my song
I'll finally top the charts
If Ed Sheeran writes my song
I'll finally top the charts

HAVE YOU EVER SUFFERED AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS? (LOOK IT UP IF YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT) 
Yes. It happens pretty frequently to me actually. I sort of question why I'm here and why do I keep going through the motions doing things that feel useless to me. They don't last very long, though. I'll be in crisis mode for a day or two, maybe even less than that, and then things are back to normal. But it's sort of a tricky tightrope to walk. One minute I'll be fine and dandy and the next life is pointless. Wow, that sounded really sad. I actually love life. I just have my moments. 

WHAT ARE TEN SONGS THAT YOU’VE RECENTLY TAKEN A LIKING TO? 
Um ha, this is going to be all AJR probably because I just got obsessed with them recently. Sorry. I can't help myself. 
WAIT I FORGOT ONE AND I NEED TO PUT IT AT THE TOPPPPP BECAUSE IT JUST. CAME. OUT...
100 BAD DAYS! 
1. Turning Out
2. Three-Thirty
3. Pretender (Acoustic)
4. Overture (from the Click) 
5. Netflix Trip
6. Come Hang Out
7. Role Models
8. Pitchfork Kids
9. Burn the House Down
10. I'm Ready 

WHAT’S A CONDITION YOU’RE CONVINCED YOU HAVE UNDIAGNOSED? 
I'm pretty sure I have Generalized Anxiety Disorder because Dr. Google says, "Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) is a psychiatric disorder characterized by a constant sense of worry and fear that interferes with daily life." I had terrible anxiety in third grade, but it went away. I recently had somebody close to me pass away unexpectedly. She was only eleven and ever since then my anxiety has been getting more intense. So yeah. It interferes with life a tad. I also think I have Attention Deficit Disorder for manymanymany reasons. But I've never went to see a doctor about these things, because I've always kind of been like, "oh I can handle it on my own," even when I'm overwhelmed...yeah. So I say...thanks, Dr. Google! You're so much cheaper than a real doctor! (; 

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE OLD BAND, OLD SOLO ARTIST, BOY BAND, GIRL BAND, BOY AND GIRL BAND, FEMALE SOLO ARTIST, AND MALE SOLO ARTIST? 
Woah that's a lot of music, ha! I don't listen to much music honestly. Umm...old band, the Beatles. Does that count as old? I think so. Old solo artist, I don't think I have on. Boy band is AJR if that even counts as a boy band. Girl band, I don't have one. Boy and girl band, Rend Collective. Female solo artist, I love listening to Bernadette Peters' version of Annie Get Your Gun. Male solo artist, Andrew Peterson. Phew! 

WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE PIECE THAT YOU’VE WRITTEN? (OR INCLUDE MULTIPLE) 
I'd say my favorite piece is either my poem, "Ode", or the novel I've been working on for over three years now, which is the Heart. I'm hoping to get it published someday, but I haven't sent it anywhere so right now it's just a dream. 

FAVORITE SLANG TO USE? 
Coolness, coolio, cool beans, oof. Just...oof. 

WHAT ARE THREE FAULTS YOU CANNOT STAND IN A PERSON? (courtesy of foxmillionaire) 
I like most people so this is going to be hard. Okay, #1 is picking on people smaller and weaker than them. Like, dude, they don't deserve that. At all. Just be nice! #2. Making fun of girls. I don't know if this happens at your school but at my school all the guys tell girls to shut up when they talk. If the girl keeps talking, they say, "Oh, look. The dishwasher's talking!" Implying we are no more human than a dishwasher. We are constantly objectified and they claim "women are property." Ugh. It's what's wrong with culture. #3. Overprideful. Is that a word? 

WHAT ARE SOME REALLY WEIRD PHOBIAS THAT YOU HAVE? 
I am afraid of puzzles. I see one, I run.
I came, I saw a puzzle, I did not conquer. (: 

DEATH IS COMING FOR YOU.  ARE YOU SCARED?
Yes. I am. 
I once convinced myself that I wouldn't be scared when death came, because I knew I was going to a better place. I believe incredibly strongly in an afterlife. Not just an afterlife, heaven. I thought that would give me enough to look forward to that I wouldn't be scared.
I had an anxiety attack not that long ago, and I was convinced I was about to die. I was terrified. I didn't want to die. I love life, and I wanted to keep living it. I was filled with regret for the things left unsaid, left undone. I wasn't ready. I'm still not ready. Even if I go to heaven when I die, the hope for that isn't enough to overrule my human need for survival. I want to live. I'm so, so lucky that I want to live. Because there are some people that don't. And they need to know they are loved. THEY NEED TO KNOW THEY ARE LOVED! Even someone from a computer screen a thousand miles away can brighten someone's day. Just say that they're loved. I love you. You're a writer, and you're awesome, and you're cool beans coolio, oof. Life is wonderful. Life sometimes is not wonderful, but the sun WILL come back out again. Never, never, never give up. There's always someone out there that cares about you. 

• valentina

Thanks guys! <3 Tea is the best lol

• paperbird

i know right i love tea

• fatpanda

I believe the word(s) for 'overprideful' are either 'obnoxious' or 'narcissictic'

Beatles :).
    Remember that Jesus is there and when you die, you'll go to Him :)
    luv ya too <3 :DD