Meneame media link 34136

A Breath Into Silence

She likes sugar, notebooks, and existence. A dreamer, scientist, and musician. In love with the night sky. Incurably shy. Always willing to listen.

It's nice to meet you!

Hello! Thanks for checking out my writing!

I answer my #askthewriter questions

5
So a little while ago, I wrote this piece called I do #askthewriter and am social and as promised here are my answers to your questions! But first, I just want to thank all of you who asked me questions for reaching out! :)

Okay, here we go!

@palindrome
1) Do you watch Marvel movies? 
    I was practically raised on them, so yes. I love Guardians of the Galaxy (volumes 1&2), Antman, Antman and the Wasp, and the original Avengers movie the most.
2) Have you read Harry Potter? 
    Yup! I've also watched all the movies. I've managed to collect all of the books from free book carts from my local library. 
3) Do you prefer reading or movies? 
    Depends on the genre. I can't watch horror, but I can read it. I love animated movies more than the comic book/manga forms. Whenever there's a book-to-movie adaptation, I'll try and see it. I try and respect the director's choices, so I'm almost never really frustrated by any adaptation (except for Eragon). But generally I like reading more.
4) Savory or sweet? 
    Sweet. I love sugar.
5) Videogames? 
    Yeah. Have an old console, so I don't have a lot of good games for it. But yes!
6) Rain or sun? 
    Rainbows, the best in-between. I like how the world is when it's raining after a dry stretch.
7) What is your favorite season? 
    Summer. Hands-down.

@AminahMcBina
1) Marvel, DC, HP, or all of em? 
    All of them, of course! 
2) Do you know about Hamilton the Musical? -if yes, your thoughts? 
    I am very familiar -- those songs are just too darn catchy!
3) Favourite book and author?
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I can't it's too hard!!!!!!!!!!! I love them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@DMoral13
1) What is your motivation for writing? 
    The books I read, the stars, a full orchestra with a choir blasting into my headphones. 
2) Is there a genre you absolutely despise? Or a certain genre you favor? Why (for either)? 
    I favor sci-fi fantasy (more fantasy) because I love hearing about different worlds that aren't our own and how the author sees humanity there (or non-humanity, that's even more interesting). Not the biggest mystery fan, but I'll read from that genre anyway.
3) What (or who) inspires you to write? 
    My old English teacher. She's one of the nicest people on Earth.
4) Who are some of your favorite writers? (What did they write?) 
    I know not everybody likes Christopher Paolini (Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, Inheritance), but the fact that he published a book when he was 15 is really inspiring to me. Brandon Sanderson (Mistborn, finished Wheel of Time, Stormlight Chronicles, Elantris, Warbreaker) is super awesome, but I'm possibly biased because he visited a convention I went to and gave a great speech. 
5) Writers are often associated with loner tendencies;is there any truth to that? 
    For me, yeah a little. In general, I don't think you have to be lonely to be a writer or a writer to truly be lonely. 
6) How connected do you feel with your writing? 
    A lot. The stories I write and the characters in them come alive in my head. It's like I know them on a personal level.
7) What music/artist/songs do you like?
    Rock, "epic orchestral". I eternally listen to 70's and 80's music.

@Budding Mae
1) What's your favorite type of writing to READ? 
    Every type. But fantasy, maybe? If we're talking style, then poems and long novels.
2) What's your favorite type of sandwich? 
    I'm a fan of BLT's and grilled cheese with soup.
3) Longest time you've ever slept? 
    14 hours.
4) Something you really want to do in the future? 
    Get people into space! Or publish a book about getting people into space. I'm torn.
5) Favorite movie and book, if you have one of either?
    I've tried a million times to pare it down........... but I have way too many favorites!
Thank you all (again) for participating! If anybody has more questions they want to ask me, feel free to. :)

So, hi! I'm A Breath Into SIlence, and it's nice to meet you!

• February 20, 2019 - 10:14am (Now Viewing)

• A Breath Into Silence

Ahahaha yeah you're right. Whoops! I hope you like the series!

• Kenny

Our tastes are very similar! I haven't read The Inheritance Cycle yet, but I hope to do so in the summer. But I think Paolini published it at 19?