Ace2ad62 ca2f 4f92 90e4 72542c7be103

rainandsonder

currently reading "the goldfinch" and trying to learn spanish. if you like what i write, please leave a comment!

"i wish the world was flat like the old days/then i could travel just by folding a map," - death cab for cutie

lowercase is intentional.

#capitallettersq&a

3
WHAT IS THE MEANING OF LIFE?
    There is no meaning of life. Like most things in the universe, it just sort of happens, and everything else is up to the living creatures themselves. I suppose one could say "reproduction" or "surviving", because technically, that's what a singular organism's purpose is, but evolution-wise it could be to make ourselves better, stronger, faster, smarter, et cetera so that our species will improve. Life itself, though, doesn't exactly have a purpose, just like the formation of the stars and planets doesn't have a purpose. It just is. We're born a collection of cells and we die a collection of cells and nothing changes in the long run.

WHAT’S YOUR GUILTY PLEASURE?
    Gosh, I don't know. There are some songs that I wish I didn't like, but I don't think I have a singular guilty pleasure. 

DESCRIBE YOURSELF PHYSICALLY. (POSITIVITY AND HONESTY IS KEY)  (courtesy of she’s-got-a-story)
    No. 

SHOULD PINEAPPLE BE ON PIZZA? (courtesy of moi and every q&a i’ve ever done)
    I'm in an existential mood because of that first question, so my first response was something like "why not, we'll all die and the sun will die and nothing matters in the end so we have to make the best of our meaningless material possessions and random enjoyments while we have them" before realizing that was a little dark, so my new response is "I've never tried it but people can put whatever they want on pizza; I don't care".  

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF SOUL MATES? (courtesy of lasl) 
    Don't exist. I don't mean to be rude to people that do believe in soulmates, but I've always found the thought that two people could be born with some sort of connection ridiculous. We're like ant colonies, you know? Any attachments we make to other people are of our own accord, not by some grand cosmic design.

WHAT ARE SOME WORDS THAT YOU REALLY LIKE / USE OFTEN? 
    "Yee" is my latest word-ly obsession, but I guess that's not very poetic. Honestly, I admire most words just for the fact that they fit so well. Like (and I'm just choosing this at random) chocolate. If it were anything else, it wouldn't sound right to me. The way the consonants and vowels fit together describe chocolate perfectly.

WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE SONG LYRICS? (INCLUDE THE LYRICS) (courtesy of rainandsonder)
    Ugh, my brain is malfunctioning and I can't think of any. 

HAVE YOU EVER SUFFERED AN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS? (LOOK IT UP IF YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT)
    Yes. So many times. 

WHAT ARE TEN SONGS THAT YOU’VE RECENTLY TAKEN A LIKING TO?
    1. Brick by Boring Brick- Paramore.
    2. A Long December- Counting Crows.
    3. Black Smoke Rising- Greta van Fleet.
    4. Savior- Rise Against.
    5. Helena (So Long and Goodnight)- My Chemical Romance.
    6. Somebody Told Me- The Killers.
    7. Dead!- My Chemical Romance (honestly the whole Black Parade album by them).
    8. Hurricane- Panic! at the Disco.
    9. Creep- Stone Temple Pilots.
    10. Still Breathing- Green Day. 

WHAT’S A CONDITION YOU’RE CONVINCED YOU HAVE UNDIAGNOSED?
    I don't know. I'm borderline convinced that my reality isn't the true reality. Like this is a dream, or the Matrix, or everyone around me is an actor. Sort of a Truman Show thing. Sometimes I'll just be talking to someone, or in the middle of class, or doing some other random, meaningless activity, and I'll just stop and get the weirdest feeling that either the people around me aren't real or I'm not real. Robots, I suppose. I'm waiting for the day when I wake up, and the reality that I've grown up with my whole life fades away until I can only remember bits and fragments, if that, and I'll carry on with my real day in the real world without a second thought. 

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE OLD BAND, OLD SOLO ARTIST, BOY BAND, GIRL BAND, BOY AND GIRL BAND, FEMALE SOLO ARTIST, AND MALE SOLO ARTIST?
    Um, I don't really know. I've always found it difficult narrowing it down to one favorite boy band or one favorite solo artist, you know? 

WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE PIECE THAT YOU’VE WRITTEN? (OR INCLUDE MULTIPLE)
    I'm fond of the Stay Awake piece and the Maybe the Faces We See in the Dark Are Our Own or whatever it's called (jeez, why do I give them such long names?)  

FAVORITE SLANG TO USE? 
    "Yee", "yeet", "oof", et cetera.

WHAT ARE THREE FAULTS YOU CANNOT STAND IN A PERSON? (courtesy of foxmillionaire) 
    Being unkind or unnecessarily cruel and shutting other people down is just... no. Like when someone's ranting about something they like, even if you don't know it very well, you don't have to be mean about it.

WHAT ARE SOME REALLY WEIRD PHOBIAS THAT YOU HAVE?
    Pink Floyd's song "Time" pretty much sums this one up for me. It basically motivates me to get out of bed each day, because if I don't know I know there's a certainty I'll end up like the guy in those lyrics.  

DEATH IS COMING FOR YOU.  ARE YOU SCARED?
    Yes? It's a human instinct to be scared of death; frankly I'm a little concerned about you if you're genuinely not scared when faced with a potentially life-threatening scenario. I guess it's not death I'm scared of, though, it's the moments before death. I don't want to lie there, knowing that I'll be gone; I want it to be quick. Death itself will either have something after it, in which case it's really that we should be scared of, or won't, in which case it'll be just like sleep. And you can't be scared when you're asleep.

• weirdo

I relate to your answer for the first one so much! I always tell people that life is basically meaningless. Then they look at me like I'm retarded and weird. Ok... I am weird
    But you get what I'm tryna say!