Unnamed %2815%29

TheOriginalEliza™

My only two moods are lust and disgust

May the odds be ever in your favor
(Yeah, I never read or watched the hunger games)

YWTW #1 (CONTEST!!!)

5
Yeah, I'll work on the title.
So, as I mentioned in my piece titled "IDEA :D", I would like to do a daily question contest. Here is our first one :)

THE QUESTION:
What is your worst or most embarrassing Valentine's Day story?   (or you can do any Valentine's story, that's okay too)
(No word limit, it can be as long or as short as you want)

I'm not sure how many submissions I will publish, because I don't know how many I'll receive. In the next "YWTW", I will publish my favorite submissions and the best of the best will get a few stars or a peer review. I'm still working the prizes out since this is a daily thing.

OTHER THINGS YOU CAN SUBMIT AND POSSIBLY BE FEATURED IN THE NEXT YWTW:
- Question suggestions for the next YWTW (highly appreciated and I'll probably have a prize for that too)
- Suggestions to better the contest
- Comments or concerns

Good luck on your submissions! Results will be posted tomorrow!!! :D

• February 17, 2019 - 11:27am (Now Viewing)

• green.eyes.gurl

The girl I liked for months and months (who was the first person I fell in love with) asked me to be her Valentine a year ago after she got feelings for me. She broke up with me about a month and a half later. We are friends, but honestly I still love her. For whatever reason, I called her the night before Valentines. She read me a poem she was writing (and finished while we were talking) for her boyfriend, who one of my other friends thinks is too controlling over her. Hell. Absolute hell is the only way I can describe it.

• weirdo

Question Suggestion: What's your favorite room in the whole entire room to be in? What makes it your favorite room? Use sensory details: sight, sound, touch, smell and even taste (I know taste is a weird way to describe a room, but it could be a kitchen or something like that!)

• weirdo

My worst Valentines Day... well...it's quite embarrassing actually. You see, I was in fifth grade. In my elementary school, like most elementary schools, if you bring Valentines you have to bring one for everyone in the class. Well, that's exactly what I did. But, as I walked around the classroom to pass out my Valentines, I couldn't help but put two pieces of chocolate on the desk of a boy I had liked since third grade. When the boy saw the extra chocolate, all he did was nod at me and smile. However, when one of his friends saw it, they took the opportunity to tease me. During recess that day, I was chased around by ten fifth graders who were all singing an annoying tune that's still stuck in my head to this day: "Lee Lee and Lazarus sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!". Let's just say, after that, I never brought Valentines to school EVER again.

• Christy Wisdom

I agree with Quille, you should definitely use that question! Agh, I would do this prompt but I don't do much on Valentine's Day, so I dont' know which would be my worst or most embarrassing XD

• Kahasai

I don't celebrate Valentines Day, because I see it as stupid. I won't get into why.

The 14th is my uncle's birthday, so that's what it is. It's also the day our mare died from being unable to give birth. It's also the day Duma died; he was our dog. He went missing in the morning. We were in a panic.

Dad found him on the highway, broken and dirty, stiff from being cold and dead for too long.

When he returned with Duma in the back of the truck, he just sat in the seat and cried. Silent, rolling tears. His chin was sunk into his chest--I had never seen my dad so sad, so broken. I felt his pain. I know his pain.

When we buried Duma, our other dog, Skritha, just sat at the cliff's edge, staring out over the river. She knew as well as we did. She was sad, as we were.

Those are the events of February the 14th.

###

So, yeah. That's my "valentine" story.

• Ryder

This past Valentine's day was the worst for me because I had been wishing for someone, anyone, to send me something- a rose, a box of candy, a card, anything. It was disappointing to say the least. I wanted to cry myself to sleep, but my eyes were dry. It was just like any other day...no one to say 'I love you' or just to give me a hug.

• janice

My worst Valentine's Day is arguable; which was worse, the boy who left me for another, or the one who left just two days ago?

My worst Valentine's Day is every year; nothing changes, nothing happens.

Question suggestion: what color is the sky where you are today (describe without saying what color it is; use emotion, senses, etc.) ?

This contest is a really cool idea, thank you for hosting :DDD