koi pond wanderer

Uh
My name’s
Koi
*sweats*
I write??

a star burns (1)

1
“Baby, what happened to your arms?” 
Macie’s head snapped up from the gravel parking lot, her vision focused on the tiny quartz pebbles that carpeted the ground beneath the rubber soles of her ratty Chucks. You’d think with being the daughter of a superstar you would be flounced and buttoned with every designer top and label the minute it comes out, but Macie wasn’t like that, she preferred graphic tees and jackets with buttons. Beanies were a must. 
“Macie, are you doodling on yourself again?” Ally brought Macie’s chin up to meet her gaze, watery and blue. It only became more intense under the glare of the fluorescent lighting of the tour bus. 
“No,” The words came out sharper than intended, Macie realized, and stomping up the steps of the bus and into her bunk didn’t make her case much better.
”Macie Aurora Maine.” Ally came after her, heels clicking sharply against the plush carpeted floor. “Don’t start this, Macie, please.” 
The tears began to fall, Macie curled up on her side, knees bunched up close to her chest. 
“Macie, please. I don’t need this right now.” 
Just don’t answer, it works, it always does.
“Fine, then.” Ally let out a low, defeated sigh before finally strutting away to her own private dressing room, the lock clicking shut.

There. Alone with my thoughts. Alone with myself. Alone. 

“Preciosia,” Ramon’s voice was soft. “You know your mom loves you, right?” 
“Doesn’t feel like it.” 
“Aw, precious. You know that isn’t true. His hand was on her back now. Rubbing carefully, in delicate circles. “She just..wants the best for you. She has a load to carry with..everything.” His voice cracked, but it was mended as soon as it came. “She just cares deeply.” 

• February 17, 2019 - 10:04am (Now Viewing)

• The Bubbling Pen

Awwww my heart hurts for Macie -- amazing work <3