Aldrich

Philippines

Project Your Voice! — a contest

13
Hey, there!
Sooo, yes! This is my first contest!

Welcome!
This contest is inspired by The Bubbling Pen's #supposedtobe contest. (I am working on my entry to that contest)

Categories:
    1. Poetry
    2. Prose

Prompt
Project Your Voice! — Write prose or poetry that raises your voice on a range of personal to global issues e.g. racism, gun control.

Full Details                                    * = recommendation to increase the chance of winning
Again, this contest is inspired by The Bubbling Pen's #supposedtobe contest.
So, simply put, here are the qualifications:
    1. Entrants must use 1-5 lines from my poem, Less Than the Birds.
    2. Tag: #ProjectYourVoice must be in the title

The line/s may be placed anywhere in the piece. Since Less Than the Birds speaks up for an isolated issue (which is our school administration's selective consideration), it reveals itself to our junior schoolmates in relation with time. Entries must contain a powerful voice in them.

*Therefore, in the footnotes, entrants must indicate the dedication (target audience) of their piece.*

Reward
1st place: 10 likes
               10 comments
                3 reviews
                5 follows ~
                1 piece dedication

2nd place: 7 likes
                7 comments
                2 reviews                  
                3 follows ~

3rd place: 3 likes
                3 comments
                1 review
                2 follows ~

All entrants: 1 like
                    1 comment

~ = because I have a group

-------------------------------------------
Deadline

Winners Announced:
This is my first contest, but I hope there would be a good number of participants.

fly with words!
because you can fly even without wings.

Entered! Here's the link:
    Really fun contest, thank you for hosting it :DDDD

• Aldrich

@xXlunagirlXx Don't worry! Soon, you shall be served. :) And, thank you so much for spending time in the comments to appreciate my work!

• xXlunagirlXx

I'm not much of a poetry girl, but I think it's nice you're doing this, keep up the Good work! :)

• Aldrich

@weirdo, if certain words such as linking verbs have to be changed to align with the piece and to make it more appropriate, then that's fine! Other than that, no other words have to be omitted or added. :) I'm looking forward to your piece! :))

• weirdo

I was planning on using the line "Because suffocation was an understatement". However, it would make more sense for my to replace the "was" with "is" in the line because of the way that my piece is formatted. Would it be okay if I changed it?

• horsiegirl

Finished! I wish the best of luck to both you in deciding who wins, but also to all the other entrants. https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/103984/version/197141

• horsiegirl

Great, that was exactly what I was asking. Thank you so much!

• Aldrich

Hello there, @horsiegirl! If what you mean by 'specific line(s)' is something I assigned to be used, then yes! It doesn't have to be any specific line(s) from Less Than the Birds. :)))

However, the line/s which you're supposed to use (to be able to qualify) has/have to be the line/s in the poem as-is. I hope I answered your question. hihi I will look forward to your entry! :D

• horsiegirl

Ooo, I definitely want to try this out! Just to be clear, it doesn't have to be any specific line(s) from your poem, we just have to use at least 1 line, correct?