PouringOutTheSun

Ireland

“In the darkness, two shadows, reaching through the hopeless heavy dusk. Their hands meet, and light spills in a flood, like a hundred golden urns pouring out the sun.” -Madeline Miller, “The Song Of Achilles.”

#blacklivesmatter

I don’t know what character studies are so that’s what I’m calling these.

“You’re Not Entirely Of This World? Are You?”

6
And when you were 14 these things came crawling towards you in the dark and you weren’t scared because they told you it would be alright. Because they lifted some of the hurt away and they trailed cold fingers across the parts of you that were burning too hot.

Oran

~~~~

And when you were 6 years old the sun didn’t stream through your fingers anymore, it caught in the palm of your hand and it stayed there because it thought you were warm and it wriggled a bit but that was okay because you finally had it, clutched in a small hand and it was yours to keep.

Neiryn

~~~~

And when you were 8 years old a small vine curled up and around your hand, clinging to you and your breath caught in your throat because it’s leaf tickled you and the skin where it had lain was left a pale green. And you stayed and watched as it died and your hand reverted back to the old, not the normal, the old.

Jack

~~~~

And when you were 10 years old and safely in the sea and you couldn’t feel the water touching you, you burned, the spark came and it was insistent to be kept alight. Maybe you would have survived if you had spat on the flame.

Blayze

~~~~

And when you were only 4 the words came and they filled up your skull with their chattering and their permanent nature and they didn’t leave you alone until you looked at them, really looked at them and decided they were important enough to fuel the blue glow you felt behind your eyes.

Accalia

1

• loveletterstosappho

gasp this is gorgeous ! i need so much more wow

these are so interesting! i can't wait to get attached to these children and bawl my eyes out when inevitably something bad happens to (one of) them, or they get all the love they deserved from the start. these are all so short but so telling! i love every single one of them - the contrast of hot and cold, an intriguing beginning to what sounds like is going to be an important moment in this child's life, omg plant powers, fire and water, and the power of words. i can't even say how excited i am for this!

• Johanna

This is stunning and brilliant; the imagery is beautiful and just the general feeling that it gives off is amazing- I love it!!

• koi pond wanderer

Oh wow. This is cool.