pinky

Cyprus

Hey!! I am 17 years old and I am a senior student. I really love reading and writing. I have wrote two books so far for a competition and my team won many prizes.

“But the eyes are blind. One must look with the heart.”

Tittle: The Little Prince
Writer: Antoine de Saint-Exupery 
When: 1943

Have you ever seen anyone watching the stars and smiling? Then, he must be thinking of the little prince. I have found myself staring at the stars hoping to see a little boy laughing. It seems crazy but it isn’t, as you read the book you will understand, because this little prince is so innocent and beloved that can melt everyone’s heart. Moreover, through his experiences he reminds us that the small things, the small moments have much more meaning and importance than everything in this world. It may be difficult to understand it at first, but as you give it a chance, it will not disappoint you.

This book is a story of a pilot who stuck alone in the middle of the dessert with some water and food. This man had a different way of understanding the world. As a child, as a teenager and as an adult no one could understood his thinking, so he passed his whole life feeling alone. But while he was at the dessert a little boy, who appeared from nowhere, changed his life. This little prince was the only person who truly understood the pilot.  He came from another planet, where he was alone and his life differed a lot from a typical life on earth. Little prince decided to leave his own small planet to visit other ones in order to make friends. His whole journey ended up in the earth.
The little prince visited many planets and met many people. Each person gave him an important life lesson. Different types of people. People that exist around us, people who love money, people who do not have goals, people who hate, people who hurt and so many others that have a miserable life. All these people have a common they all love their selves more than the others. That creates a hating world without any light of love. Little prince was so pure that he couldn’t understand these people’s thinking. That’s why a child’s view is the most authentic and clear one. Children, like little prince, remind us daily how important is to live every moment. After spending many days with the pilot, little prince gave him unforgettable messages. Unfortunately, at the end, they had to separate each other and that was painful for both of them.
As a person I don’t have a favourite book or a movie because I believe that all of them can give us something worthy, but after reading “little prince” I could finally say that “I have a favourite book”. “Little prince” it is a book that literally speaks to my heart. Antoine de Saint-Exupery wrote this perfection on 1943 in order to express a disappointment about the people on those days and that’s so sad as the humanity hadn’t changed since then. I earned many important life lessons from that book, as it changed my life. Now, I can see things more optimistic than before. I can be happy with small things and not being sad for things that I don’t have. I can appreciate my belongings and I try to give the 100% in the things that I like because as the fox, in the book said “The time you spend with your rose it makes it special to you”. I love with all my heart and I try to see things with my soul and not with my eyes because a quote from the book said “We see clear only with our heart. What is essential is invisible to the eyes”
Taking everything into account, ‘Little prince” it is a must-read book as it gives beautiful messages that can have a positive impact in everyone’s life. As far as I am concern, this is the best book I have ever read. I have it always with me to read it when I feel pessimistic and disappointed. I truly recommend this book to all. And don’t forget that always in the middle of the dessert, a small prince will appear to remind us the meaning of life, a star will shine to remember us how to smile and a writer will write to help us to survive.

• weirdo

I'm sorry, but I laughed when I say this. I think you mean title instead of tittle!
    I'm a horrible person for laughing at that!