MimiChoudhury

Broken
Broken like the new China Vase lying on the sheath
Broken like my heart
Broken like my soul

What happens ... when Lara finds out Sam's secret?? What is it?? Read this chapter to find out and Don't forget to tune in to the next chapter:)

Snow Flakes In Summer Chapter 8

1
Before reading this chapter, check out the previous chapter : https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/free_writing/101506/versions/192860
.................................................................................................................................................................................................

Sam stared at me in acute  shock and bewilderment, as I held out a bundle of hundred dollar notes from the bag.
"So is this what you've been doing all these days??? You big fat liar!!" I yelled at the top of my voice. Never before had I lost control like this. "What IS THIS?? I SAY ...WHAT IS THIS?????!!!!!"

Abner gave a smirk at the white faced girl, as he turned to me, "You know what Lara? I never really trusted this girl. Always knew she was up to something. And how do you know..."

He left his position to slowly walk towards Sam , facing the girl with a smug expression on his face, "...she might have been also involved in the murder of your..."
"No!!" A loud shriek came from the auburn haired girl. "Whatever are you trying to say...how dare  you put the blame  on me when you yourself...."

She broke off. Before I could figure out what was going on, Sam had snatched the bag from me. " I'll have that . Thank you."
"Hey wait!! What do you mean by I'll have that?? What have you been doing all these days . Tell me. TELL ME!!"

"Ok. I'll tell you. But not in front of that man...I'll not..."
"Its ok . Abner..."
I signalled him to close the door after him and then  turned around again to face the girl , who was now holding a sheet of paper .
"Here Lara, before you misunderstand me, take a look. I 've got just three months left , but I've got to repay the loan I had to take for the tests. I didn't want to tell you , Lara, yes..Dont give me that look please..." she added as I had pulled on an expression of complete horror . Whatever was she blabbering about?? "A-are you alright S-Sam? Is something making you delirious? Look, I was worried about you, but I didn't mean to..."
"No Lara. I am alright. But I won't be alright for long. I-I'm sorry Lara....I am sorry..."
Sam broke into an unconsolable flair of sobs and tears, as she cried her heart out on my shoulder. And I ....I ...I just kept quite. "L-Lara ?"
She was afraid, I knew... she was afraid on seeing the absence of tears on my face... the absence of expression....

What more had i had to lose?? I had lost enough?? Hadn't I ??

"I wont let you go Sam." I whispered softly in her ear atlast. "God won't be so hard as to take you away from me, will he??"

Ooh! This one's really packed with emotion :) I am definitely tuned for the next chapter :DDD