AminahMcBina

Hey, I'm Aminah, but most people call me Mina.
17 yrs. old|12th grade|INFJ-T|Female/Girl/She/Her|I think I'm something of a writer|Animal lover||MARVEL FANGIRL FOR LIFE|| Member of WtW since 2018

We find ourselves lost in the everlasting ocean we dubbed "life." But is it possible to swim our way out without being drowned or taken by the monsters of the sea? Maybe instead of trying to escape, we build our kingdoms up from the algae until its peak reaches the skies. And there we stand, amongst them all, not drowning, not taken away, not escaping. But growing amongst them.

nothing matters

4
no matter how much i
try
i always
fail

no matter
how long i
hold on
i always
slip

no matter

when my hands
ache
i don't let go
but i
fall so low

because

no matter
how strong i
think i am
i always know
i am weak

when my tears
fall
i don't stop them
because i know
i am broken

no matter

no matter
how many times i
smile
i know it's all
fake

because

Nothing matters anymore
Originally written December 23, 2018

1

• Alexis Kuhns7

This poem was so relatable. Like I totally feel you. I struggle with depression and anxiety and thats how it feels all the time mina this is amazing keep writing!

• Julius Caesar

no problem broski, kindness makes the world go round. <3

• asteria

i love how you formatted this poem! it really emphasizes how you feel. and the italics are a nice touch :)

• AminahMcBina

@Julius Ceasar

Thank you so much for your kind words. They mean a lot to me. Really. When I wrote this, I was going through so much at the time, and so sadly, yes, this is actually the real me. Thanks again :)

xoxo,
    Mina

• Julius Caesar

it's very well written, yes. but uh, i hope this isn't actually the real you because, honey, once you start drowning in the negatives you forget that there is a sun of positives awaiting you. either way, nice work!