Photo on 2 8 19 at 10.01 am  2

RachelMarie

~Christian~
~Home schooler~
~Forensic Debater~
~Reader of Old Books~
~Romantic~
~Dreamer~
~Child~

I want to make a difference for my first love: Jesus Christ.

It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy that makes happiness. ~Charles Spurgeon

There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you. ~Maya Angelou

If you eliminate the impossible, you than can consider the improbable. ~Sherlock Holmes

A Letter

PROMPT: Love in Words

3
The last words you said to me before you left were "will you be ok by yourself?" 
"Yep!" I replied. But in reality, I've often cried because I haven't seen you since.
Every single night you are in my dreams. Every night. It's not voluntary, you just appear in my thoughts and dreams without me even trying. 
But I like thinking about you. It's strange, it feels so natural.
My sister says I'm in love. I don't want to think that. It sounds so...weird since I haven't seen you for a whole year. That's what people say about people they've known as a best friend for years.
Or their celebrity crush.
But you're not either of those. And yet, somehow, this feels so different from a crush. So much more...levelheaded. Real. Calm.
Is that what being in love is?
I don't know, but what I do know is that you are in my thoughts 24/7, and I haven't seen you or talked to you for a year. How can I think about someone so much when I haven't seen or talked to them for a year?
I find my self looking for you at grocery stores and libraries, even though I know you won't be there. No one ever shows up when you're looking for them. I find myself think up the perfect way to say hey if I see you without being awkward and yet letting you know that I'm quite...overwhelmed with you. Or is that called love?
Whenever I think that I might not ever see you again, I get a sick, sinking feeling in my stomach. There is so much I want to ask you...to tell you. If I never get to...to at least tell you what a friend you have been to me, I don't know what I'll do.
Maybe you don't even want to see me again. Maybe you're already in a relationship.You are four years older than me. I can't expect that you would wait for me.
I can hope though, for you were so gentle and sweet and direct with me, unlike the others I observed you with. So many sweet, little things you did for me, I can't help but hope.
All I ask is that I can see you again, if it is God's will. If I can just talk to you, smile at you one more time, I can be happy. 

your friend....

love....

Sincerely,
Rachel

• February 12, 2019 - 11:58am (Now Viewing)

• creativejuices09

I absolutely love this letter!! It's so cute and i adore that you used the word 'you' as if you were writing to the reader! <3 This makes me feel loved just by reading it :D