Limpimpeccablekentrosaurus size restricted

weirdo

Let's see.. where should a start. I'm a... geek. I'm a Newsie geek (aka fansie). I'm a TMNT geek. And, most important of all, I'm Marvel geek (like, seriously, I have an infinite amount of Marvel memes saved on my phone).

ok, this is really corny. But, i'm gonna publish it anyway and see what you guys think!

Graveyard Love Letter

PROMPT: Love in Words

7
Dear Mason,
You wanna know something that I realized right after meeting you? You are the very first person I fell in love with. Now, you're probably thinking, "How? You've had about a million boyfriends before you met me." And that is true. But, the thing about my other boyfriends is that I just loved them. I was never in love with them. Now, my dear, you must be thinking, "What the heck is she talking about?!" Well, isn't it obvious? In love. It means that I love you so much that I am literally engulfed in my love for you. My love for you, and your love for me, is like my life support. And, if it were to be taken away, I would crumple to the floor like a rag doll and will never be the same again. And that's exactly what happened. When you left that day, I felt as if the world as I knew it had ended. Well, my world as I knew it had ended. Everyone else seemed to go on and on. No one cares about a twenty-year-old girl, who lost the one person left in the world who cared about her. 
You know, I thought you were different. I thought that we had something. I thought that those sea foam green eyes of your held some depth to them. But, you are just as shallow as the others. You hurt me. You tore me apart. You saw that a part of my heart was still strong, and you took it for yourself. Now, it rests with you.
I guess I shouldn't be angry. After all, it's not your fault. Sickness goes and takes lives willy-nilly. In fact, it's partially my fault. For, even tough you took my heart with you, it didn't hold enough love in it to save you.
I just wish that you didn't tell me that you loved me, when you knew that that love wouldn't last for long. The doctors said they didn't know why I was not informed about the situation. They knew about your tumors months in advance and so did you. Yet, you didn't tell me. Why? Were you afraid that it would hurt me. Because, trust me, it hurt me just the same.
I guess, what I'm trying to say, is that I'm very angry at you. Which is selfish of me considering the fact that I'm not the one lying in my grave. But, still, I am human. And as a human, I have a right to be selfish and petty.
I loved you. I loved the way that your eyes sparkled whenever you got a mischievous idea. I loved the way that you talked, not afraid to say how you feel. I loved the way that you looked at me. No one had ever looked at me that way before. You looked like you admired and cherished me. You looked like I actually made you happy. But, maybe that was just a look of pity. A look of pity for the girl that would be heartbroken upon your death.
I still love you, my dear. I always will. I just can't be in love with you anymore. There is not enough of my love to pass around and you've already taken so much of it. And, I must make room for other men, when I find them.
See what you did to me? My hand is shaking, quivering. Or, perhaps that's just the wind blowing through the graveyard. I always find that these kind of places are the most chilly. It's just the worlds way of making you feel the way that the dead corpses feel. Cold and alone.
Love,
Waverly

• Opal Drop

@weirdo I don't mind if you send them an email with my poem! I am incredibly grateful that you would do that, and that you liked my piece so much.. Thank you!

• AbigailSauble

Your title drew me in initially.
    Beautiful letter! Even though it's sad, there's some humor, too.
    Keep writing! =)