86a3e091 0ccd 47d3 9bbe 079aa912f859

MyBrokenSmile

I’m weird!
“I have a boyfriend. Oh wait no, no that’s a fridge. I have a fridge.” “When something goes wrong in your life, just yell, ‘plot twist!’ and move on.” “Always be positive! *trips down stairs* Wow I got down those stairs fast!”

I am a girl who is almost 13. I am a socially awkward person who communicates *way* better through writing. Most of my pieces will be deeply emotional, because I use writing as an outlet to get my emotions out. I enjoy reading, climbing, drawing, writing, rapping, pop music, and basketball. I can be extremely deep, so expect pieces that really make you think sometimes. INFJ. If you don’t know what that is, feel free to ask my good friend, google. I WILL RESPOND TO EVERY COMMMENT SO FEEL FREE TO HAVE A CONVERSATION WITH ME IN THE COMMENTS. I’m so lonely it’s pathetic.... ;-;

If you ever need anyone to talk to, ask me if you can email me in the comments. My email is 24afischer@susquenita.org.

I’m lonely, ok?

10
I’m writing this because I’m lonely. I desperately want to talk to someone but I so frequently feel extremely alone. Write any questions in the comments and I will answer all of them. Also, check back here because I will have a whole dang conversation in the comments with you if you try.
The fact that I’m writing this is sad... ;-;

• Johanna

You know we're just all spamming your notifications @MyBrokenSmile
    I hope you don't mind haha

about 7 hours ago
  • Johanna

I think we just say infinity wishes because we don't know what to wish for

about 7 hours ago
  • Paperbird

yeah, i’m not really a comic person.
    also @quille that’s awesome. i’m glad that there are people who care about harvesting meat ethically. most supermarket meat isn’t like that :P
    also, i think that infinite wishes is a bad choice. if you could instantly get anything you wanted, there would be no point in living anymore. the reason we live is to overcome difficulties—that’s what gives us joy. if you instantly could have everything you ever wanted, i think you would end up committing suicide, because there’s just no point anymore in a world where everything is perfect.

1 day ago
  • RainAndSonder

@Quille Don't really have one. Superheroes have never been my cup of tea.

1 day ago

Wow, this has come many comments :DDD
    Who is everybody's favorite superhero??? Mine's probably the Lone Ranger (Yeah, I know he's technically not a superhero, but he's pretty cool XD

• MyBrokenSmile

Lol, Palindrome I specifically said “anything except more wishes”.

@Paperbird, I can totally understand that; people raise chickens and turkeys like that too, but not on my family's farm :) Just did 13 chickens today, very nicely :).
    @palindrome, if you had infinity wishes, what would you wish for then???? :D

• palindrome

@MyBrokenSmile I would probably wish for, INFINITY WISHES!!

• Paperbird

...white chocolate tastes like plastic and urine and death...
    i know there are procedures for killing animals that are more ethical, but the majority of common meat is harvested really cruelly from gmo cows and pigs that have been genetically engineered or selectively bred so that they’re so fat they can barely walk.

Dark chocolate is tops! (white chocolate loses, sorry anybody)
    That makes sense about the hamburgers; I knew that frankfurters came from Frankfurt, but I didn't realize about the hamburgers :).
    Meat... is delicious and you can kill animals kindly :)

• Paperbird

i know!! the whole hamburger thing used to irk me so much. there's actually an answer though––people don't mean "hamburger" as "ham-burger", they mean it as "hamburg-er", because the hamburger originated in the german city hamburg.
    i love chocolate. actually, i love dark chocolate. milk chocolate's okay and white chocolate is the bane of existence. and meat is my guilty pleasure––i know that there's serious animal cruelty in the world but i can't help myself!!

Oops! Missed half the conversation :)
    I think that if I was given a wish, it would be for love (romantic). Second wish would be paper if I couldn't get the first one. Paper's awesome and you can do anything with it.
    My favorite foods would have to be chocolate (anything chocolate *diabolical laughter) and meat (some many different kinds served in so many different ways)

Big question: why are hamburgers called hamburgers if they're made out of beef? XD.

• Paperbird

@mybrokensmile i was just reading over the comments. what's your favorite panic! song? i really like "northern downpour", "dying in la", "nine in the afternoon", and "this is gospel".

• Paperbird

@johanna yes ikr!!!
    yeah, "wolves without teeth" is great. and you're good at art regardless, judging based on your profile pic.

• Johanna

@Paperbird I totally agree!! I wouldn't want a wish, I'd feel guilty and wary for the rest of my life or something. I really like Wolves Without Teeth!! That's the song I was talking about :D I want to explore more of their songs.
    I love doing art, but yes, sometimes I don't know what to draw or can't draw properly and it really frustrates me. But I still love it. I do traditional art too but I've been trying digital art recently though I find it harder. (I drew my profile picture)
    Also, Paperbird we're the "less than 1% of the population" B)

• Paperbird

@mybrokensmile, i think i have a good answer for this question, and it's... nothing. even if i evaluated all of my options carefully, even if i came up with the best possible use of the wish, i would spend the rest of my life in guilt. imagine if i wished for an iphone x, and i ended up really happy with it. but then imagine that my mother died six weeks later. i would be in constant regret for the entirety of my life––"if i had just waited six weeks, i could have saved a life."
    and the whole idea of wishing for an end to global warming, or for world peace, is a horrible idea. i mean, how would you just wish for that? first off, it would lead to massive problems with overpopulation. secondly, with what means would that wish be achieved? how do you make people stop fighting each other? do you execute anyone who threatens war? do you force the people into a peaceful mindset against their will? @rainandsonder, how would you make people be kind?
    i don't know. i've always been indignant at the whole "what do you wish for?" question. it feels oblivious to me... i think it would be terrifying to live in a world where a wish could be granted, just like that.

• Paperbird

my favorite food ever in the history of the world is sushi.
    also @johanna i love of monsters and men! which of their songs do you like? i think my favorite is "mountain sound", and of course i like "little talks". i also really like "wolves without teeth", "crystal", "dirty paws", and "king and lionheart".
    i really like art, but i've never pursued it or anything. there's something about the blankness of a piece of paper that really frustrates me. and i can never truly capture what i want to draw, no matter how hard i try. for some reason i don't get that with writing, though. words are easier than pictures because they're less infinite––there are only so many word combinations you can put on a page, whereas with drawing, you can do anything. i guess i like writing better for that.

• RainAndSonder

@MyBrokenSmile A kinder world, honestly. I feel like everything would be so much easier if we were nicer to each other.
    I do art too, mostly pencil drawing.
    @Ellie! Sounds like we have similar music tastes! What bands/artists do you listen to?

• MyBrokenSmile

This is great! I love that we’re having a conversation on here. Here’s a deep question, if you could had one wish for whatever you wanted, (except more wishes) what would you want?

• Ryder

I like seafood/fast food/all food!
    BTW, this is what it read about hibachi:
    The hibachi is a traditional Japanese heating device. It consists of a round, cylindrical, or a box-shaped, open-topped container, made from or lined with a heatproof material and designed to hold burning charcoal
    -sounds a bit crunchy:D

I'm not sure what hibachi is :S

• Ellie!

Why have so few addressed the food question? Who else likes hibachi? I've only been once and it was great. have to do so again soon

I usually do my artwork in colored pencil; sometimes watercolor. I'd like to do oil paintings, but currently not properly equipped for that :) Animating sounds like it could be pretty cool :DD
    I'm weird, but I don't really care about food that much. And I love to cook/bake :S

• Ellie!

;);) and you can always rely on me to put smiley faces into my comments.

• Ellie!

Hello! Joining the conversation! I cannot draw except when I can which is almost never but comes at weird times...I'm an ENTP according to the personality test...favorite music genres: pop punk, pop rock, pop, rap, and then anything I happen to take to at any given time. Have I caught up with the conversation??

• MyBrokenSmile

I do my art in pencil, but I would like to try animating sometime.

• Ryder

I like Drawing too:0 I do it traditionally:)

• Johanna

That's not sad!! Everyone feels lonely from time to time (or all the time)~low key me ha~ and it's normal to want to have a conversation.
    @Paperbird you like Of Monster and Men?? I really like one of their songs :O
    @MyBrokenSmile do you do your art traditionally or digitally??

• Ryder

Hi!

• MyBrokenSmile

I like food in general.

• 2A,2H and 1D

I feel like you have the the capability of doing many amazing things. Discover them through writing :)
    So what foods do you like to eat? Fast food or very fancy stuff?
    Do you like seafood?
    How about Indian food?

That would be cool to put artwork on here. I think you can do it if you change your profile to one of your drawings, but that's kinda small...
    I wanted to put illustrations in my stories :)
    I like to climb trees too, but most of the trees around here aren't any good for climbing or they're in a bad spot, so I don't do much climbing :)

• MyBrokenSmile

Quille, I draw manga (aka anime). I like climbing trees, but I usually just go rock climbing at a gym. I really wish you could put pictures on here, I’d show you my art.

IDK :) Forgot what mine stands for too. Oh well :).

@MyBrokenSmile, what kind of things do you like to draw? And what kind of climbing do you do? :)

• Christy Wisdom

Thanks! I think that's what it is??

@Christy Wisdom, I forgot just what that type was...... Extravert, Feeling, Sensing, and Judging? Well, anyhoo, it's a cool one :DDD (i meen, cule ;)

@MyBrokenSmile, super early Happy Birthday! Will be checking out your piece momentarily.
    I've got a sister who's going to be 13 next month :) She'll probably be on here then.
    @RainAndSonder, that's kinda cool! :DD

When I first joined here, I was going to call myself QueenOfWriteALot, but I think that's way too long; thought Quille, the name of a writer/princess I made up, was easier; plus it looks nice in cursive (yes, I judge words/names by how they look in cursive)

And would anybody care to check out/leave some critical feedback for my piece An End? @Paperbird already did and I really appreciate that very much; thank you :)

• Paperbird

my username’s a random thing, kind of, but it stuck. it’s kind of boring. although i like to think it’s pronounced like popp-er-beerd.

• MyBrokenSmile

Also, would y’all mind checking out the piece I just wrote today? I was literally just saying deep crap about society.

• MyBrokenSmile

I’m not even a teen yet, 13 more days. ;-;

• RainAndSonder

@Quille I’m an INTP too! And I’m also an early, early teen, haha sorry.

• Christy Wisdom

Interesting. According to that test you linked, I'm ESFJ

By the way, I really like your 'always be positive' quote :D Me to a fault! Plot twists are awesome too :)
    I feel weird not being a 13-year-old; most of my friends on here are 13 or 14 :( Anybody my age????? Sorry, just feeling kinda left-out of the early teen club :)

That sounds kinda sad :(
    I'm sure it could be fixed though; if you smile while you're crying, you can make a rainbow :)

• MyBrokenSmile

My username comes from the fact that most of the time when I smile it’s fake. Smiling has no meaning anymore, it’s broken.

Cool quiz :) According to the results, I'm a INTP. Yeah :).

• RainAndSonder

@MyBrokenSmile Yours, haha. But anyone can answer, of course. My username is just a jumble of things that I'm fascinated by or that I like.

• MyBrokenSmile

Quille, INFJ is the rarest of the 16 personality types. It stands for Introversion (I), Intuition (N), Feeling (F), Judgment (J). These personality types can be found out by taking the Myers Briggs personality test. Here’s a link to a free one: http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

Also, RainAndSondee, who’s username are you talking about?

• Paperbird

@quille - an INFJ is a personality type, one of the myers-briggs personality types. it's hard to explain kind of, but it's one of the sixteen letter formations that describe a personality. i wrote a piece about it a while ago, and it's here if you want to look at it -
    the four letters each describes a trait. the first one, for example, is E or I, for extrovert or introvert. if you're an extrovert, your personality type starts with E. if you're an introvert, it starts with I.

• RainAndSonder

Glad to see that the conversation has continued. My parents are protective too, although they might say yes if I asked about the discord, I'm not sure. Anyway, I'll keep chatting here. Where does your username come from?

What exactly is INFJ?

• MyBrokenSmile

Ima keep chatting on here too, my parents are part of the overprotective parents club. ;-; Also, Paperbird, INFJs are the rarest personality type, making up 1% of the population. I am also an introvert for life.

• Paperbird

also @kahasai i would join big blue's discord server but i'm about 99.99999% sure my parents won't let me because i'm pretty sure they think that everyone on the internet is a satanic hacker that can't be trusted. but i'll keep chatting here, probably.

• Paperbird

ahhh i've missed a lot
    i'm an infj too! i think we're the rarest personality type. introvert for life. fellow 13-year-old; i'm convinced it's the worst age.
    a favorite random quote? well, if anyone's read the fifth harry potter book, my fave quote of all time is "have a biscuit, potter" just because it's so badass. apart from that, i really like "write drunk, edit sober" which is an ernest hemingway quote. i mean i don't drink or anything but i consider myself to be metaphorically drunk every time i write a poem.

Hi, sorry I didn't stay long last night; bedtime :(
    I think I remember reading The Mask I Wear; it's fantastic :DD I think you're on the way to becoming an outstanding writer. Seriously (well, as serious as I can get :).
    A not-so-weird-but-cool quote I like is: "Tell me again why my book can't go next to Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings. Oh wait, I forgot, it's because Rowling and Tolkien come after my name in the alphabet." I find it somewhat motivational, reminding us that even if we're not famous yet, we'll get there someday. :)
    So, it doesn't look like anybody else is here at the moment... but I thought I'd drop in :DDD

• Christy Wisdom

Oh, me too! That one's so much fun!

• MyBrokenSmile

I really liked the musical “The Newsies”.

• RainAndSonder

Just checked back in on this piece. I'll totally check out your other writing! And I wouldn't worry so much about your writing being good or not, because good is very subjective. It's more about how effective it is. Let's see... a weird quote I like is "the fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic numbers."

• Christy Wisdom

That's cool, MyBrokenSmile (about the writing/art/music stuff)! Well, you certainly portrayed them very well. what's your favorite musical so far?

• MyBrokenSmile

Also, Christy Wisdom, the character in that piece might be fake, but the “undefinable amount of anxious thoughts that plague this character“ aren’t fictional.... I did say I wrote from my own emotions. That was literally just me writing down my entire thought process.

• MyBrokenSmile

I have always enjoyed writing, but in the last few months I have gotten more motivated to pursue my passions. I have started to improve my drawing, I have been learning more about musicals, and I have started improving my writing.

• Christy Wisdom

Alright, I looked at your piece "This Mask I Wear" I hope I didn't get that wrong... how long have you enjoyed writing?

• MyBrokenSmile

I always worry people will leave. I hate myself, they have no reason to like me either. Also, if you guys could look at my other writing and tell me if it’s good or not? I’m almost 13 and I just started getting serious about writing, so it probably won’t be all that good because I am a young, beginning writer.

• Christy Wisdom

No, you're fine! Why would we get bored of you? Okay, here's a weird quote I made up:
    Don't reach for the stars, they'll scald your fingers.

• MyBrokenSmile

I feel like we should all keep doing this, like everyday we just talk. But that probably won't happen, y’all will get bored of me....

• MyBrokenSmile

They came from google, I love weird quotes! Everyone post your favorite weird quote!

• Christy Wisdom

Ooh, I like to write things about thoughts and feelings too (although, sometimes it's stuff I've never felt...)! Imagine Dragons is so cool! I'm an extrovert, but I agree that there are probably a lot of introverts on WTW. Where did all those quotes on your bio come from?

• Kahasai

If you want some more interactions, a WtW (Write the World) called Big Blue made a friendly discord server for WtW members. They're all friendly and can be pretty chatty. I'd recommend trying it out (and any other WtW member who sees this, of course).

https://discord.gg/GJMUcvn

• MyBrokenSmile

I love reading and writing science fiction and things with extreme thoughts and feelings. I just recently got really serious about writing. I usually read a lot, and I read faster than anyone else my age.

• RainAndSonder

I’m an introvert, but not INFJ. I’m an INTP. I listen to a lot of the same stuff as Paperbird, especially Panic! at the Disco, Fall Out Boy, The Beatles, Green Day, Radiohead, and more. So basically rock and alternative rock and alternative pop and punk pop. What genres do you write in, and what’s your favorite genre to read? How long have you been writing?

• MyBrokenSmile

Speaking of introverts, anyone else an INFJ?

• MyBrokenSmile

I love that this is just one big open conversation. I am an introvert, writing is my emotional outlet. I love music from musicals and pop. (Panic! At The Disco and Imagine Dragons)

Eric Clapton, Buddy Guy, & B.B. King too :)

I like David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, The Wallflowers, Tom Petty, and Joe Bonamassa :)

• Paperbird

ooh. my favs are the beatles, david bowie, queen, fall out boy, panic! at the disco, the bleachers, idkhow, paul simon, eric clapton, regina spektor, of monsters and men. anyone else?

• RainAndSonder

I know the feeling. I feel like a lot of people on this website are introverts, that's why we turn to writing. What's are some of your favorite songs/artists/bands? That's always a good conversation-starter, in my opinion.

What do you think of this emoji: }:}D= ? It's supposed to be an owl.

• MyBrokenSmile

Life does hurt a lot...

• MyBrokenSmile

I would like to converse.

• Paperbird

this isn’t a sad piece. god, i never talk irl. life hurts. do you want to converse?

• asteria

hey, i'm lonely too, might as well have a nice conversation :)

so... do you have a favorite vine?