LyraLynne

Was born in a small US town and has always loved reading and writing. Was inspired by JK Rowling to start writing. Was diagnosed with cancer in 2012 and went through chemotherapy in 2015. All is good now. Loves fall and winter and their holidays.

I follow everyone, no matter what. If you show up on my dashboard or in my notifications, I'll follow you and check out your profile if I haven't already. :)

Quotes to remember:
“The sky’s only the limit if you don’t believe you can make it to the stars.” -Me

"Everyone is an independent snowflake so get over it." -Me

"Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny." -C.S. Lewis

My writing blog is lyralynnewriting.weebly.com if you want to go check that out. :)

The Magic Library(ian)

PROMPT: Library Magic

5
    What is a library without a spectacular librarian to give it its magic? My elementary school library was my favorite place in the whole world. I liked it more than the public library with its large confusing sorting system and too many unappreciative kids. No, this library was a home to me. I knew exactly where every genre, every book I loved, every magazine and small surprise was. Wednesday became my favorite day of the week because that's when I'd get to go to the library with my class. Our librarian was phenomenal. She got everyone to read. Nonfiction, fiction, sci-fi, fantasy, anything. With a system of points and rewards for getting them, everyone looked forward to seeing her. If you got 100% on a test on a book, your name would go into a drawing for the most anticipated prize: a Webkinz stuffed animal. with 100 points you got a t-shirt, 500 a sweatshirt, and with 1000 points, the librarian would take you and a friend out to dinner. There was no question why everyone knew that our library was the best. Even after I went away to middle school, I would prefer that library. The library in our junior high didn't compare in the slightest. When my elementary school's librarian announced that she was going to retire, I cried. To make sure that she knew how much she impacted everyone, I made her a card, and got everyone in my grade who went to that elementary school to sign it. She and that library changed my life. She was the one who knew, even before I did, that I would be a writer someday. Because of her, I realized my love for literature. If (when) I publish my first book, it will be dedicated to her. My favorite librarian, Mrs. Pleyel.

1

• AbigailSauble

Aw, this is so sweet!!

• winterwolf0100

This is so sweet! Unfortunately, my school sucks, and doesn't have a library :( Neither did my middle or elementary school.

• pencils.and.paper.roses

This is such a beautiful piece. It's so heartfelt and lovely. If (when!) you get your first book published, you should seek her out and show her. :)

• Legendary Grapes

SO GOOD! I almost cried