Pdf 20190105 0001 copy

Quille

Elfboy 08/17/19
Just in time for my WtW anniversary!

18
Homeschooled
Writer
Elf-lover

Y'all know me :D

This piece is extremely important to me; more than most of my other pieces on here. I am desperately seeking feedback and will return the favor for you if you provide me with some.
It's the end to a story I've been working on for a while. I probably won't publish anymore of it for the time being.

An Ending

15

I didn’t feel anything but a lump in my throat as a pale light passed from Anson's hand to mine.

His wife fought her tears no longer, kissing a corpse as the sun sank below the horizon with rosy light playing through shadows before the the mountains swallowed it.

I didn’t see how it could ever rise again. 

Thank you so much!! :DDD

• Project: Voices

I just finished reviewing. My peer review for this is probably the longest I've made since I entered WtW (as if I've been here for so long haha). But, yeah, I just wanna let you know that this piece is beautiful. It confused me a little. And, I am sad for the characters. Well done!

Thank you!!!! :DDD This is the end to one of my books, so I'm really glad if it's a good one :DD

• .audrey michelle.

HOLY FLIP!!!

this was so beautiful! i absolutely loved how you switched from the main character to a narrator back to the main character! the last words made me wanna cry, they were so beautiful and captivating :D the simple sentences really bring a feel :D a simple ending, executed with beautiful writing skills! i can't say how much i absolutely love this ending :DDDDDDDD

and yes...

holy flip!

this was beautiful!!!

• spearmint

Love the POV bounce. This was just so powerful and beautiful and... I don't know, but I really liked it.

Sorry about that; there's three people in the scene, Anson, his wife, and I. I's there best friend.
    The rest of the story definitely makes it less confusing, but I didn't plan on putting any more up here :S
    Thank you very much for the comment though :DDD

• Christy Wisdom

Ooh, very interesting. Only thing is, though, is that the perspective changing is a bit confusing. I initially guessed that the character (first person one) is also his wife, and it switches perspective from first to third, but now I'm not quite sure. I'm sure I'd be able to understand it better if I saw the rest of the story. Still, though, this is very good and very intriguing. The last sentence is particularly strong.

• Pi_Pen

Wow, this is actually a very powerful and beautiful piece. I don't know if perhaps I'm missing some context of the story (I not Paperbird below mentioned an imporvement?), but that does not make the piece any less splendid.

Thank you :)

• paperbird

an improvement. thanks for considering my feedback! you’re a great writer.