muppet's novel workshop

hi, i'm your friendly neighborhood muppet, and i've started a novel workshop! read the first post to join or find out more.

here's a link to my main account
https://writetheworld.com/profiles/25729/feed

WORKSHOP #1

8
G'day mates, hello buddies! Muppet here. 

The first workshop is going to be first chapters. I had a few people who commented and were interested in being a part of this workshop, and they will be mentioned here. 

The way it works, you ask?

You'll post CHAPTER ONE of your novel/novella/manuscript. It has to be at least 10 Google Doc/Microsoft Word pages because if you have 30 chapters but each one is a paragraph or two, it'll take forever. Longer chapters but less chapters is the idea for a novel.

I will personally read through each one and comment, and I would like to say I will review them all as well. Obviously I cannot review my own and hope somebody will do that for me, as we're all here to help one another. Rather than assign reviewing partners, anyone can review any piece, but before I give the ok to post the next person's CHAPTER ONE, the previous one has to attract at least one review. Everything here is fiction and nothing should be reported. Please post your piece as "INSERT NOVEL NAME, INSERT CHAPTER ONE (AND NAME IF IT HAS ONE), and #muppetsnovelworkshop so I can find it. Here's an example using my own novel. 
" Paper Animals Ch. 1 #muppetsnovelworkshop "

I'm going to be testing it out this way, if it it's a bust, the part for Chapter 2 will be different. If this doesn't go well, in the future, I'll have you message or send me your chapter elsewhere and I'll post it on this account as I'm the admin. 

Anywhomst, this will be the order of Chapter Ones being posted. It's only based off the order of comments I recieved and the ones that were thorough. The people that haven't filled out the "form" yet will have a chance to join before I move on to Ch2 readings, postings, and reviews. 

1.Quille
2. Budding Mae
3. Anha
4. Muppet
5. Kahasai 
6. Big Blue
7. Quille (second novel) (they had two entries)

Exciting exciting! So Quille will post their entire chapter one as aforementioned, and us members of the workshop have a duty to comment, like, and let Quille know how it is! And so forth! 

Fingers crossed this goes well!

Thank you! 
-Muppet 

• spearmint

I think you'll have to take Big Blue off that list, seeing as they've left WtW. It's a shame, really. I've kinda left too, but I have a few reviews to finish up which will probably take me a
    REALLY long time (I'm so pathetic).

• Kahasai

Hmm, Quille entered two ... I'm gonna enter my novel.

• Kahasai

Oh, can I enter a second piece? I entered my novella (which starts short but lengthens out with about 26 chapters planned total). My novel has about 44 chapters total with really long chapters (most of the time; again, the chapters can vary in length, especially in the beginning). Can I enter that one as well?

• muppet

Sure thing Anha! It's okay! If you need to drop out but want to come in later you totally can!

could you move me down the list please? like, right to the back;;
    i didn't think this would come into effect so soon, so i don't really have enough content prepared, or have written a chapter yet;;
    sorry for this rip, i might just end up supporting like paperbird

Here it is: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/102476/version/194259
    Thanks for doing this :DD

• muppet

That's alright, Mae! It'll be just fine.

• pencils.and.paper.roses

I have a quick question: My novel does have 30 chapters, but none of them are ten pages long. My first chapter is about 5 pages long, with the "relaxed" spacing setting in MS Word. Is that too short?