Alliyah

Hello everyone! I'm Alliyah. Writing is my passion. I'm a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days Saints. I also love nature, reading, making people laugh, playing sports, photography and art.

Just something that I wrote a little while ago...
Hope you enjoy! Reviews welcome and appreciated.
Thanks! -Alliyah

Perfect

1
    I hate stereotypes.
    I hate it when the world makes a mold and tries to stuff me into it. I hate it when the world tries to make me conform to their standards. To be like they expect me to be.
    I hate it when the world expects me to act a certain way because of the color of my skin. Or the way I talk. Or the way I hold my head.
    I hate it when the world tries to put me in a box. To cut off everything that doesn’t fit in their idea of who I’m supposed to be.
    I hate it when the world tries to hold me back, hold me down, because they don’t believe I can make it.
    I hate it when the world tries to change me. To make me into their twisted idea of perfect.
    Because that ‘perfect’, their perfect, isn’t me.
And guess what world?--I’m not perfect. Not your kind of perfect.
    I’m not going to be your perfect shape. Your perfect size.
    I’m going to have my shape. My size.
    I’m not going to have your perfect skin color. Your perfect hair. Your perfect voice.
    I’m going to have my perfect skin color, hair and voice.
    I’m not going to say the perfect things you want me to say. I’m not going to be perfect at hiding around corners or saying things I don’t mean.
    I’m going to be honest. I’m going to be straightforward. I’m going to be me, no matter what direction you look at--no matter what angle. No matter where I am, or who I’m with.
    I’m not going to do the perfect thing. The thing that will give me the best reputation with those perfect people that you show on all your screens.  
    No, I’m going to do the right thing.
    I’m not going to put myself ahead of others. To compete against them. To try and make myself look more perfect than them.
    I’m going to do my best, no matter how it compares to others.
    I’m not going to say the things you want me to say, be the person you want me to be. Not at all.
    Because guess what world?--I’m not your kind of perfect. And I don’t need to be your kind of perfect.
    I have my own.

• February 7, 2019 - 10:38am (Now Viewing)

• Alliyah

Hi AbigailSauble. Thank you so much for your comment. I love many different things about this world. This piece was just pointing out one thing that I think that we could all work on.
    Thanks for the reminder to write positively, though! Your comment is much appreciated! -Alliyah

• AbigailSauble

Passionately written. =)
    And while I agree with this, out of curiosity, what do you like about the world we live in?