MeaninglessApologies

Should I continue this?

A SPEECH BY WORLD KNOWN SCIENTIST ON THE TOPIC OF THE CHILD DISAPPEARANCES [T/W]

0
    [T/W: abuse mention, child loss, mention of kidnapping, mention of rape, mention of murder, please keep in mind this is pure fiction. Based on an idea I was told. Enjoy] 

A SPEECH BY WORLD KNOWN SCIENTIST ON THE TOPIC OF THE CHILD DISAPPEARANCES [TRANSCRIBED AND EDITED] 
    "Please, picture this: the news flashing on the old box television his mother insisted on keeping. The news anchor saying something about a child disappearance. The mother curling into a ball on a recliner chair she was sitting on. Her husband left the night before in a drunken rage after an argument; her sleeping 9-year-old was gone when she went to check on him after the fight. Her darling son was missing and he was on the TV.
    Years later, he never came back on the radar. Many suspected that the father kidnapped or killed the boy just before the argument ensued."
    ...
    "My name is [NAME REVOKED]. I'm a scientist at a local university, and I've helped many officers solve dire cases. What you just heard is what I was presented with when the head on the case, Officer Ross, came to me for help. I had heard of the event the prior year when it originally happened."
    ...
    "The strange thing is that numerous kids have been disappearing in the same manner. Parents would fight, one would leave, and the child would go missing. Other times one parent would leave in the dead of night, and it would end with the same result. Some believe that the children are running away because they're scared- however, all the doors and windows were confirmed to be locked. A nationwide panic soon ensued. It seemed as though this was only happening in the United States, and I became known for what I did." 
    ...
    "With the help of fellow scientists and Officer Ross, I conducted some experiments. They were test tube babies with fake parents. [INFORMATION REDACTED]. It didn't work."
    ...
    "The news started to contain several stories of abusive and toxic families being forced to stay together to keep their offspring alive. Rape victims got pregnant and had miscarriages. Foster kids started disappearing. This has all happened in the span of three years. The first missing boy would be 12." 
    [END OF FIRST RECORDING] 

• April 24, 2019 - 11:08am (Now Viewing)

• Blotted

Good luck! Good story, but WTW will probably take it down. They often aren't always fair.