Idr login default user 35 2x

creativejuices09

Just your average dreamer
living an average life...
averagely....
:D

Tell me what you think!! :)

Stars get Lonely

5

Charles climbed up and sat on the rooftop with his best friend in the whole universe, Shanna. The view up there was perfect with that starry night sky and the chilling yet warm breeze and celestial full moon; the only problem was that he saw there was a light stream of tears running down Shanna's face. Her tears were so quiet, if Charles hadn't seen her pretty face, he wouldn't have known she was crying. Gently, he placed his kind hand on her quaking shoulder. Shanna looked up at him, the tears drying up as she forced a smile. "Do you think the stars ever get lonely?" She asked with a melancholic voice. The question startled him like a chicken who learned how to fly. "Well," he tried answering, "I don't think they can be lonely. Because there are millions of them to keep each other company." 

"Yet-" She sniffled sorrowfully, "there are billions of people... but they still get lonely." Charles felt sorry for his friend, but didn't know the correct words to comfort her. Thirty seconds passed in silence as the two looked up at the stars twinkling brightly. "There is no reason to feel lonely Shanna. For if the stars make good company, then we shall be each other's stars. I won't let you feel lonely, especially when there are people all around you who love you and care for you. You know what I think? I think the stars do get lonely too." Charles finally said, glad he could brake the silence before it was too everlasting.

Shanna glanced at Charles and smiled for real this time, happy she had a friend to keep her company. Glad she knew she wasn't the only star who got lonely. And together they watched the moon raise higher and higher above their heads.

• February 6, 2019 - 10:59am (Now Viewing)

• Gabriel Goodwin

This is really cool! Love it!

• 2A,2H and 1D

A beautiful ending to an amazing short story with a unique idea behind it! Love love love this piece