Library

horsiegirl

I'm a female writer who's been planning to be a professional author since I was five. I hope my writing can entertain others, and maybe make them think. Other hobbies include singing, acting, and reading.

Instagram- @an_element_of_fiction

The Goodreads Review: A Parody

What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera
Rating- 5 stars
*Contains light spoilers*

SLKDJLS;KA;DAJDSOOA;KSKJDSJKFSLALK;SHSDJLKAD;SLDKHFJSLAJJSDALALKJSLDJJHDHHJD

So...............I kind of liked this book. First of all, the combination of Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera is truly a Godsend. When I first heard about this book, I screeched so loud I broke the eardrums of everyone in the U.S. of A. Now that I've read this book, I can confirm that it was as amazing as anticipated. I laughed, I almost cried, (the only reason I didn't is because I didn't want to ruin my makeup) I became a pterodactyl. I legit can't think of a part of the book that I didn't like. (Actually, I can. The ending. Read it and you'll get me.)

First things first- the plot. This book is about Arthur, a boy from Georgia trying to survive in the Big Apple for an internship with his mom's company and Ben, a native New Yorker who just wants to survive post-breakup with his first boyfriend. When they bump into each other at the post office, it seems like fate is pushing them together. However, with all of the roadblocks in their way, is it truly meant to be?

YES. IT IS. These two characters are the biggest OTP I've ever had in my life. (Probably isn't true, but ya know. I'm a bit attached right now.)
Arthur is the most awkward person in the world because he's always on. He has basically no filter, (which makes sense, because he has ADHD) and I relate to it so much.
Ben is incredibly introverted and nerdy, with his Sims and fantasy novel. Oh, and he's also a writer, which is always a plus in my book.
Just like always with Becky and Adam, not only do the two leads jump off the page, but so do all of the side characters. I'm not going to describe each of them, but they all felt like people that I could meet in real life.

This book doesn't pull out all of the stops. All it does is tell a story. A wonderful, gorgeous love story between two beautiful characters, but it's incredibly simple. Which is a good thing in this case, trust me. Its so well written, and I'm just utterly obsessed.

I recommend this book to anyone with or without a heart and soul. If you have a heart, this book will make it do a Grinch and grow three sizes. If you don't have a soul, this book will give you one. With this miracle team up of authors, it is truly the perfect contemporary.

• February 16, 2019 - 10:05am (Now Viewing)

• pencils.and.paper.roses

This is impressively accurate XD This is ALWAYS how they are! Congrats on the realism.