Picture?width=128&height=128

oreyesce

Dioras

It began as barely a whisper. A crackle in the air. And slowly it grew: the city that sleeps settled in the static. Nothing more than vibrations, nothing less than noticeable. Houses are built from Hertz and the streets resonate between them. A soundscape of whining fields and distorted hills surround it, isolating the city from the visible channels. 
As it expanded the noise increased, diffracting at the edges. Voices hop between frequencies so quickly they can't be traced. Yet they talk so loud, swimming through the negative feedback, thick like syrup. Fragments fall through, intercepted by the receivers but meanings can rarely be pieced together. 
But as the sun begins to set every evening, the interference swells, piercing the waves, slicing through the city like a copper blade. The fields flood with blinding blue light. Silence falls as the white noise boys begin to roam, carving through the transmissions, cutting away at the data. 

1

• Johanna

This. Is. AMAZING. The imagery, phrasing, and the mysterious vibe is captivating; I love it!

• Gabriel Goodwin

Now, this piece is beautiful!!! Thank you for bringing me to this place made of sound and static. I really love the concept behind it.

Welcome to WTW and I hope to see more of your writing in the future!!!

• thechosenonemico

Wow! I love everything about this. Really unique and imaginative!

• oreyesce

Thank you so much for commenting. I'm so glad you liked it, I was worried it would get too confusing. And thank you for the feedback, it's very helpful!

• RainAndSonder

I love this whole idea, of a static city! Your descriptions are so vivid and it's interesting how you characterize this place less by sight and more by sound. Honestly every line here was unique and had incredible imagery with it, I really like this. May I suggest, however, adding a few more commas? Specifically, after "as it expanded" in the second paragraph and "intercepted by the receivers" at the end of the same paragraph. Excellent work, and I look forward to seeing more of your writing!