Owl

AJ - Izzy

How to write all of me in less than 10 seconds?

Hmm, let me think... how about DREAMER?

Yup. That works.

"Bravery has to come from the heart with no thought of reward."
- Samirah Al-Abbas

Alex Faye (Part 1)

3
    “Alex, what are you doing?”

I snapped back to reality. Anna was staring at me funny. “Uh, I was just, uh…”
    “Staring at your ex-boyfriend?”
    “He was never my boyfriend.”
    She snickered. “Haha, right.”

I blushed a little. Okay, it was a part lie. A few months ago we were really close. But that was gone now. As soon as we entered “the big kids” school, he completely ignored me. I didn’t care about him. Not anymore. Anna sighed, “Al, you’ve gotta let go of him! He’s not worth it!”

“I know”, I grumbled.

I should probably explain, rather than leave you hanging onto the thin strands of my desolate life. My name is Alex Faye, and I am 13 years old. Enough information? Not quite. My life is the most boring life, like, ever. Nothing ever happened out of ordinary. You see, I have an ordinary family, ordinary school, ordinary friends, or friend, Anna Aspacio, and I am your average book nerd. Except I’m not.

I have shoulder length dark brown hair, but the part that creeps people out are my eyes. One is normal brown, but the other is… how should I say it? A mix of green and blue, except you can see both, at the same time. And I have a weird shape in the middle of my pupil. Then, or course, add glasses on top of that. When I came to Mount Oak Secondary School, I was immediately shrugged off by most kids, or I scared them off with my creepy eyes. Anna was the first person to even approach me, and it was because of carrots. Strange? Not really, actually.

I guess I should probably explain the whole boy thing as well. Back in elementary school, in seventh grade, I met Tes. He came from who-knows-where to do who-know- what, but I fell for him instantly. He was funny and always made me laugh, especially when he’d tuck his dark hair behind his ear, his dark eyes still shimmering playfully from a joke. I just enjoyed spending time with him. I know, sounds kinda mushy, and I agree. But I just couldn’t help it. But now everything had changed. That is, until I saw him again, and it wasn’t your usual spotting.

“He’s been acting strange lately”, I told Anna, “last night I saw him walking down the street alone, and pale. Really pale. So I went out to help him but as soon as he saw me, he just… I don’t know, it’s almost as if he knew I was watching! I blinked and he was just… gone!”

Anna sighed. “Okay, I think it’s time you got your head out of the clouds and started LIVING, girl! Alex, come on! You’re knockout beautiful and you’ve turned down every guy who had offered to date you! Even Tyler!” She blushed furiously, fiddling with her silky, long black hair. Anna’s bright green eyes glittered with slight annoyance, in an almost humorous way.
Of course Anna would bring up Tyler in our conversation. She always did.

“I get your point, and knockout is a bit overkill, but this is different. I have to find out what’s wrong.” Anna sighed again. For some reason, I always made her sigh. Another one of my great talents, yippee.

“Well”, Anna cleared her throat, “life never seems to surprise me, but who knows. Just don’t make me do anything illegal.”
    I gaped at her, completely shocked.
    “You-you’d…”    
    “Of course! Where do we start, the medieval dungeons?”

I couldn’t help but grin. And who knows, we may be lucky as to actually have a little bit of fun in our boring lives. Who knows, maybe someday I’ll get a story of my own…
Just an idea, I've been working on it for a while now and have actually a LOT of parts (about 20 as of now). Trying to share it, gradually, so... comments! Suggestions! I want all your inner critics to give me all ya got!!
Thanks!
AJ - Izzy

1

No pressure! :D

I'm sooo curious to know more about Alex still :DDD

• paperbird

short contest results are out!

First: I love the names/characters are awesomely done. Second: I can't wait for another part to this :)
    Your descriptions are fantabulous; the whole narrative flows super well, and the dialogue is realistic. Please put up more! I will totally read it :DD